Opportunity of a Lifetime

"Myra!" Farhan yelled as he sifted through the stacks of files on his desk. His secretary ran into the room. She was a woman of short stature with short brown hair and very sharp facial features.

"Yes, Farhan." She said in her usually snappy tone.

"Farhan? Don't think because you're my friend I won't fire you." Farhan said jokingly.

"Anyway, what you want?" Myra chuckled.

"Have you seen the file for that accountant guy who needs a date for his brother's wedding? I can't find it anywhere." Farhan threw another stack of papers onto the floor.

"Clean this office, maybe you would be able to find stuff. It's in a blue folder." Myra said retreating from the office.

"You're not going to help me?" Farhan said.

"No, if you haven't forgotten I am training the new intake girl today." Myra yelled as she walked further and further away.

He continued searching through the folders until he came to the right one.

"Finally!" He exclaimed taking out the forms he needed. He began working on the forms before his office phone rang.

Farhan had started his dating service company four years prior, after failing to become the corporate lawyer his parents wanted him to be. Though he wasn't a large franchise like many of his competitors, he considered himself the most fairly paid agency in the business with over 95% success rate among his customers.

"Myra!" He yelled again.

She quickly came into his office. "Yes?"

"Assign the accountant to Denise. She's the most suitable." He handed her the folder and sat back at his desk.

"Will do." She said taking the folder and placing it under her arm.

"By the way, how's the new girl?" Farhan asked

"I wanted to talk to you about that, are you sure about her?" Myra asked, her brows furrowed with worry.

"Why? Does she have poor work ethic?"

"No, her language skills... they aren't that good."

"Oh, well she's the cousin to a very loyal client, so let's give her a chance."

Myra nodded and left his office. Farhan looked at his watch and saw it was well past noon.

"Myra I am heading out to lunch." He yelled.

As he was about to leave his office the phone rang again.

"Blue Persimmon Dating Service, Farhan speaking how may I assist you?"

"Hello, my name is Secretary Lee and I want to request your services for my boss." The man's voice was authoritative yet meek.

"Please hold while I transfer you to our intake specialist."

After placing the man on hold Farhan walked out to Myra's desk, which was basically a cheap table with a computer on it.

"There's a possible new client on line 1- have the new girl collect his information. "

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, let's give her a chance. See ya!" Farhan waved goodbye and left the office.

"Lonny, there's an intake client on line 1, if you need help- tell me okay!" Myra rolled her eyes. Though she'd been training Lonny for two weeks, she still had problems with basic information. She wiped the sweat from her brow as she began assigning dates for the stack of clients she was handling.