Welcome to the Family

Sang Woo stared at Farhan, his mouth agape.

"Showtime? You think this is about to be easy?" Sang Woo walked over to him. "My father raised a small bank into a $850 million financial group, he's not going to accept just anyone."

"I'm not just anyone," Farhan said massaging Sang Woo's shoulders. "I'm a goddess."

Sang Woo swatted his hands away. There was a knock at the door. Secretary Lee looked at Sang Woo with panic in his eyes.

"Sang Woo, are you in there?" He heard his father say on the other side of the door.

Sang Woo nodded towards Secretary Lee, prompting him to open the door. He knew his father was a very judgmental man but he had no choice at this point.

Sang Woo's father Choi Gong Bin walked into the room. His ambiance was that of a person with authority. Any normal man would have been intimidated by Gong Bin, however Farhan's face was calm which reassured Sang Woo that he wouldn't make any...

"Daddy!" Farhan exclaimed, running to give Gong Bin a hug. He wrapped his arms around the smaller man. Gong Bin's eyes widened. He looked like he might have a heart attack at any moment.

Sang Woo rushed to pry him off his father and held his shoulders. He could feel heat rise to his face.

"I'm sorry son you must be mistaken," Gong Bin said once Farhan released him.

"No dad, he's not. This is... my fiancé." Sang Woo's voice softened at the last two words of his sentence.

"Your what? I couldn't hear you," his father said.

"This is my fiancé, the one I told you about," Sang Woo said putting a shaky arm around Farhan.

"Your financier?"

"No, my...my fiancé."

Farhan smiled brightly at Gong Bin, whose face seemed unreadable. Sang Woo regretted his decision. He knew his father could be a picky man and wouldn't let his son marry anyone.

"Dad, we're in lo..."

"Wow, so this is my son-in-law-to-be, let me have a look at you," Gong Bin said pulling Farhan towards him and giving him a once over.

Sang Woo and Secretary stood in shock. His father never smiled at him like that. He looked as if he'd won the lottery.

"I always had a feeling Sang Woo was gay but I never thought you'd take the leap," his father said playfully hitting his shoulder.

Sang Woo scowled. "Right," he coughed.

"Your fiancé is so handsome, what's your name?"

"Farhan," Farhan said, lowering his head as if he were shy. Sang Woo rolled his eyes.

"Oh, such a lovely name. As you know I'm Sang Woo's father, Choi Gong Bin, but you can call me..."

"Daddy?" Farhan exclaimed again.

"That's fine with me," Gong Bin chuckled.

Sang Woo cringed. The only thing worse than Farhan's over the top theatrics, was his father's acceptance of it.

"Hey dad, where's mom and Ji Hye," he asked realizing he didn't see his mom and sister anywhere.

"You know how they love to socialize," his father said dismissively, fixing his tuxedo. He turned back to Farhan, his energy and happiness restored. "Oh, and you must have dinner with us this week as an induction into the family."