Midnight Diner

Author Notes:

Thanks for reading. This chapter was long overdue but I hope you enjoy!

The driver parked outside a small brick building.

"Is this it?" Sang Woo said peering around the car.

"Yes, sir." The driver replied stepping out of the vehicle.

"Mr. Ajam are you sure this is the only thing you want to eat?" Secretary Lee asked, worry covering his face.

"Yes, it's not so bad," Farhan said slapping Sang Woo's shoulder and stepping out.

Sang Woo stepped out behind him.

"Mr. Lee, I will see you tomorrow," Sang Woo said.

"Sir, are you sure?"

"Driver, please get Mr. Lee home safely," Sang Woo instructed. The driver nodded his head and returned to the car. The car disappeared down the dark street.

"I hope you're right about this place," Sang Woo said walking ahead of Farhan.

"I know I am, best ramyun on this side of the river."

Sang Woo scoffed. He pulled open the glass door and was met by a loud chime.

"Welcome!" Several of the restaurant workers said as they ran from table to table. Though it was the middle of the night almost every table in the restaurant was filled. The room was loud with bustling conversation from teens to older adults, awaiting their dishes.

Farhan stood next to Sang Woo. "I told you this was a hot spot," he said grabbing his arm.

"Hey, you can sit wherever you like," a young waitress said as she passed the duo with cups of water in her hand.

Farhan and Sang Woo took a seat near the rear of the restaurant. The smell of noodles and spices filled the air as the group nearest to them were served their dishes.

"I am so hungry, I can eat a cow," Farhan said grabbing the menus on the end of the table.

Sang Woo looked around. He'd never been to such an establishment before. The restaurant's upkeep was not one he would approve of. The floor was latent with dust and old food remnants and the tables were old and had peeling tops. He took a handkerchief out of his suit pocket and laid it upon the table, ensuring his suit didn't touch the patchy surface.

"Hey, welcome to Midnight Diner, what can I get you to drink?" asked a young woman dressed in a maroon Midnight Diner shirt. She looked to be no more than 18 or 19 years old.

"I'll have a green tea," Farhan said smiling at her.

"Bottled water please," Sang Woo said. The girl jotted the drinks down and disappeared to the back.

Farhan peered around the restaurant. "I remember many late nights studying here over a bowl of noodles," He said smiling at the memory.

"There's a college around here?"

"Yes, I went to JeYong Public University, it's a few blocks from here."

Sang Woo nodded. "I've never seen it."

"Of course, rich kids tend not to," Farhan said laughing.

Sang Woo rolled his eyes.

"Here's your green tea and here's your water," she said laying the cups on the table. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes, I will have a spicy beef ramyun, pork dumplings, and pickled cucumber please," he said closing the menu and placing it on the table.

The waitress turned towards Sang Woo, who was staring into his phone.