Aftershock

Sang Woo pulled away. Farhan's eyes were still closed, still caught up in the moment. He opened his eyes, Sang Woo was looking down at him, with a stoic expression.

"Why did you kiss me?" Farhan asked clearing his throat. Onlookers stared at them, giggling as they whispered to one another. Farhan's face grew hot.

"Farhan, I..." Sang Woo began.

"If you pull something like this again, I will have to report you for sexual inappropriateness and end our contract." Farhan turned around and walked away.

"Wait!" he heard Sang Woo call after him, but he only quickened his pace.

He had to get away from there, from Sang Woo, from his feelings. The kiss had caught Farhan off-guard and he needed time to think.

Sang Woo grabbed Farhan's arm and turned him around. "If what I did made you feel uncomfortable, I apologize. I think I'm still crazy from yesterday's events," he said. Farhan avoided eye contact with him.

Farhan looked around the general area they stood in, it was quiet and right next to the water. "This is a nice place for our picnic," Farhan said sitting down on the grass.

Sang Woo huffed. "Yeah, it is." Sang Woo's tone was curt as he flopped down next to Farhan.

The sound of the waves filled Farhan's ears, taking his attention off the turmoil plaguing his mind. Farhan had conducted countless trainings with his employees regarding maintaining boundaries and he'd committed the greatest sin of all, in his business.

Sang Woo was a business associate and nothing more, but the more he recited it in his mind, the less he believed it. The more he tried to make himself believe that he felt nothing, the stronger the knot in his chest felt. Farhan exhaled loudly.

"Something on your mind?"

Farhan looked at Sang Woo, who's eyes were glued on the body of water ahead of them.

Yes, you.

"No." Farhan lied.

Sang Woo's phone began to ring. He looked at the caller ID and looked at Farhan. "It's Ms. Aman."

"You don't have to tell me, you can take it."

Sang Woo answered the call and walked away. Farhan glared at his back as he left.

What's so private that he needs to walk away? If it's business, why not take the call here?

Several moments later Sang Woo returned. "Sorry, she called to check on me. I told her you would take care of me today."

Farhan's malice melted. "She seems really comfortable playing girlfriend with a man that's about to be betrothed." Farhan said opening the basket and taking out a blanket.

Sang Woo shrugged but he didn't say anything.

Farhan spread the food out on the blanket, the smell of spices from the curry made him salivate. He'd made curry hundreds of time, but this batch smelled the best yet.

He poured some on top of a bowl of rice and gave it to Sang Woo. Before he could finish making his portion Sang Woo was already digging in.

Farhan took a spoonful of the rice and curry mix. The spices tantalized his palette, it was the best curry he'd made to date.

"This is really good," Sang Woo said taking another spoonful.

"Thank you," Farhan said.

They both ate in silence, watching the water.