A Proper Date

Author's Note: Decided to post this chapter ASAP as I know you guys were patiently waiting. At the bottom is a picture of Sang Woo's tattoo. Never mentioned it but he does have a bit of body art. Also, let me know what you feel about the ending <3. Happy Reading

***

Sang Woo stood with his back to Farhan. Silence wafted through the room like smoke. For once, his mind was blank. The statement was so abrupt he couldn't verbalize anything. He really had a lot of work to catch up on at the house. On the other hand, an outing would be nice. He teetered between the two options.

"We don't have to, it's fine. I was just thinking it would be some nice PR to be seen out and about as a couple," Farhan added.

Sang Woo exhaled. "Yeah, you're right." He said smiling. He scooped the omelet out of the pan into a plate. "Did you want any toppings?" He asked awkwardly grinning.

"No toppings, thanks," Farhan said averting eye contact.

Sang Woo placed the plate in front of Farhan and sat across from him. They both ate in silence with only the sound of forks meeting porcelain.

"So, what did you want to do?" Sang Woo asked, breaking the silence.

Farhan shrugged. "Don't worry about it." Farhan stood and walked his plate to the sink.

Sang Woo scowled. "Wasn't it your idea to go on a 'proper date'?" Sang Woo asked motioning air quotes.

"If you have other matters to attend to you it's fine, I won't force you." He didn't sound angry, but his words had a bite to them.

Sang Woo stood, blocking Farhan's path as he tried to make his way out of the dining room. "I insist, my treat," Sang Woo smiled. He did want to repay Farhan for saving his life just a day ago.

Farhan's eyes panned, deep in contemplation. "Fine, but you have to choose the location, surprise me." Farhan smiled up at Sang Woo.

Sang Woo nodded. Farhan walked past Sang Woo and walked upstairs to his room. Sang Woo took out his cellphone. He hasn't been on a date in months and didn't have the first clue about what to expect.

Sang Woo sat at the dining room table and typed 'great date locations in JeYong' in his search browser. His screen was flooded with images of romantic night dinner cruises, bowling nights, and couples' events in town. Sang Woo rolled his eyes and huffed.

Sang Woo's phone began to vibrate in his hands. He looked at the screen and saw it was Secretary Lee calling.

"Hello?" Sang Woo said into the receiver.

"Hey, Mr. Choi, how are you feeling?"

"Much better."

"I've re-scheduled all of your meetings for today and your father has agreed to handle any issues that may arise as well. Also, remember to get plenty of rest." Secretary Lee's voice oozed with concern.

"I know, I know. Hey, do you have any fun date ideas?"

"Date ideas? Who are you going with? Mr. Ajam?"

"Yes, I want to treat him for what he did for me yesterday."

"You can buy him something, we know he loves jewelry."

Sang Woo pondered. "No buying something isn't the same as giving someone your time."

Pause. "That's very true, Mr. Choi."

"Why do you sound hesitant?"

"Well..." Secretary Lee's voice trailed off. "I just didn't get a friendly vibe from you two at the hospital. Seems you would prefer Ms. Aman's company more."