The Dinner Date

Sang Woo stood in the hallway dumbfounded.

"Mr. Choi?" Sang Woo turned around to see Secretary Lee standing behind him. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, let's go back in," Sang Woo said walking back towards the door.

Sang Woo entered the room again. Issa and her manager were looking at him with puzzled expressions.

"Is everything okay?" The manager asked.

"Yes, my fiancé had urgent business he had to attend to, he's sends his apology" Sang Woo said adjusting his suit and taking a seat.

"It's fine, we all understand how that is," Issa said taking a sip of wine.

Sang Woo and Secretary Lee chuckled. The waiter came in and took their orders. They enjoyed conversation as they ate.

Sang Woo glanced at his cell phone; they'd been at dinner for almost three hours.

"So, Mr. Choi, what attracted you to your fiancé?" Issa asked him leaning in, accentuating her distinct jawline and hazel eyes. She was magical.

Sang Woo coughed. "He, uh..." He took a drink of water. Every time she addressed him, his mind went completely blank.

"Aww, he's shy," Michael said laughing.

"Shy? Why would a handsome man like Mr. Choi here be shy?" Issa said in a silky-smooth tone.

Sang Woo could feel a light blush on his cheeks, he hoped no one else noticed. "He's handsome and smart," he finally said.

Issa chuckled. "Well, you two seem like a match made in heaven then, congratulations," she lifted her champagne glass and extended her arm towards Sang Woo. They both clanked their glasses and took a drink, not averting their eyes from one another.

The connection was electric. Their eyes locked in a tight telepathic embrace, one Sang Woo couldn't escape, not that he wanted to.

"So, Mr. Hammond, I heard you've just had a baby, how's the wife and baby doing?" Secretary Lee said breaking the tension.

Michael looked up from his food and smiled, "Oh yes, had a baby girl last week. My wife and daughter are doing great. We named her Amanda, after my wife's grandmother," he said smiling from ear to ear.

Secretary Lee looked down momentarily, typing away on his phone. "Glad to hear that, and congratulations," he said looking up.

Sang Woo felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He rolled his eyes and pulled his phone out. As he'd expected, Secretary Lee sent him a message.

Secretary Lee: Don't forget you're an engaged man

Sang Woo looked at his Secretary, who was giving him an accusatory expression. Sang Woo nodded.

"Mr. Choi, I do hope I get the opportunity to share a meal with you and your fiancé," Issa said delicately wiping her mouth with her napkin. Her lips were stunningly accentuated in a deep shade of red lipstick. Sang Woo was starting to sweat.

"Absolutely, I can check Mr. Choi and Mr. Ajam's schedules and get back to you," Secretary Lee said reaching into his back pocket and giving her his card.

"Of course," she smiled.

"Well, as nice as this dinner was, Ms. Aman has an appointment early tomorrow, so we must take our leave," Michael said glancing at his phone.

"Yes, but we must do this again, I had a good time," Issa said looking directly at Sang Woo.

Sang Woo cleared his throat. "Absolutely."
Issa and her manager stood to take their leave. Sang Woo jumped to his feet quickly and extended his hand. "Ms. Aman, I look forward to working with you."

"It'll be an honor," she said shaking his hand. Her voice had a seductive undertone to it, one that sent a chill down Sang Woo's spine.

"Nice to work with you as well," Michael said extending his hand towards Sang Woo. Sang Woo nodded and shook his hand as well, keeping his eyes on Issa.

Issa and her manager left the room.

Sang Woo's heart was racing.

"Don't forget you're an engaged man," Secretary Lee said as he watched the door close.

Sang Woo looked at him. "It was just business."

"I don't remember you smiling like that at any other business meetings," Secretary Lee said.

"I'm happy this deal is going to go smoothly," Sang Woo lied.

"Okay. I'm going to call the driver," Secretary Lee took out his phone.

Sang Woo nodded. Farhan hadn't called him the entire dinner. He dialed his number. The phone immediately went to voicemail. Sang Woo huffed.

"The driver will be here shortly," Secretary Lee stated.

"Farhan isn't answering," Sang Woo said dialing his number again.

"Really? You don't think anything is wrong, do you?"

"I don't know."

Sang Woo and Secretary Lee climbed into the backseat of the waiting car.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"Ho-," Secretary Lee started.

"Blue Persimmon Dating Service," Sang Woo said interrupting his secretary.