The Kiss

Sang Woo brought the sedan to a screeching halt in front of his office building. Through the glass exterior of the building, he could see a collective of front desk employees gathered, whispering amongst themselves. Sang Woo walked over to Farhan, who had just climbed out of the car. Farhan's face was tense. Sang Woo enveloped Farhan's hand in his own and looked at him. He could see some of the tension melt away when their eyes met.

"This will be quick," Sang Woo said giving a stiff smile. Farhan and Sang Woo walked into the building. The employees who were gossiping immediately dispersed behind the front desk.

"Good afternoon Mr. Choi," they said in unison.

Sang Woo curtly nodded in their direction and immediately walked into the elevator. Sang Woo and Farhan rode the elevator silently.

Once the elevator doors opened, the commotion from Sang Woo's office could be heard faintly. Sang Woo walked swiftly towards his office and swung open the door. Issa Aman and her manager were sitting down across from Sang Woo's desk and Secretary Lee was standing. A layer of perspiration coated his forehead and his face was red.

"Ms. Aman..." Secretary Lee started before spotting Farhan and Sang Woo at the door.

As Secretary Lee eyes met Sang Woo's, Issa turned around. She immediately scowled at Farhan, ignoring Sang Woo.

"Well the man of the hour has finally arrived," said Issa's manager. His tone was dripping with sarcasm. He scoffed and stood to face Sang Woo.

"Is this how MP conducts business? Ending contracts based solely on useless rumors?" He threw a paper onto Sang Woo's desk. Sang Woo walked over. His chin was held high and he exuded the aura of a CEO.

He glanced at the paper; it was the article about Issa's involvement in the possible scandal. Sang Woo pushed the paper aside and took a seat.

"Secretary Lee, please escort Farhan to a separate waiting area." Secretary Lee bowed promptly and walked over to Farhan.

"Let's go Mr. Ajam," Secretary Lee said as he tried to lead Farhan out of the office.

Farhan looked at Sang Woo. "Wait, I think I should..."

"Farhan, it's okay," Sang Woo interrupted giving him a reassured smile. "It'll be over soon."

Farhan stared at him for a few moments before nodding defeated.

Issa chuckled sarcastically at the display before her. "What a farce," she said lowly. Her manager nudged her.

"Mr. Choi, as I was saying, these accusations are baseless. On what grounds do you have to terminate the contract with Ms. Aman?

Sang Woo cleared his throat, trying to hide his disgust and irritation with the pair. "There is plenty of evidence, Michael. Your client worked with an ad agency to defame myself and my fiancé. If you review clause 3 under the Termination of Contract section, you will see that this is listed as grounds for termination. It also calls for the return of all monies paid by the company for work not completed and any bonuses paid out. Luckily for yourself and Ms. Aman, we're not requesting all $487,000 back."

Issa frowned. "Well were the things mentioned about you and your fiancé true?" Issa said making air quotes on the word fiancé.

"I am not at liberty nor do I care to mention my personal life to an ex-business partner. If you feel that this termination was unfair, sue us. But we will not only request all monies paid back from you, we will also require you to cover all legal and court fees as well. By the end of a losing battle for you, you will be forced to triple, if not quadruple, the amount you owe MP Financial." Sang Woo leaned forward, "what would you like to do Mr. Hammond?"

Issa's manager's eyes were wide. "We will converse with our lawyer on the best plan of action." Her manager immediately stood. "Let's go Issa."

Issa was glaring at Sang Woo. "Wait for me outside, I have something to say to Mr. Choi." Issa crossed her legs and leaned back into her chair.

"I cannot advise you to talk to him without me..."

"Just go!" Issa roared at her manager. He jumped before slowly retreating from the office.

Sang Woo looked at Issa. "What more is there to say Ms. Aman?"

"What is this?" Issa said pursing her full lips.

Sang Woo looked at her puzzled. "Excuse me?"

"Are you in love with that guy now? You seemed to be quite smitten of me if I remember correctly." Issa uncrossed her legs and smoothed out her pants.

Sang Woo laughed. "I'm not sure..."

"So that kiss meant nothing to you?" A smile crept across her face. "Oh, did you forget?"

Sang Woo felt his face grow hot. He had forgotten. After the events that took place the night of his allergic reaction, he had forgotten what happened right before. "You kissed me, Issa. Just for that I could have had your contract annulled."

"But you didn't, and I wonder why." Issa stood up and leaned over Sang Woo's desk. The curve of her breasts accentuated by the low v-cut in her blouse.

"This is highly inappropriate," Sang Woo said standing to leave.

Issa grabbed his arm. "My rightful place is by your side."

Sang Woo pulled away from her. "You're delusional. Don't ever come near me or Farhan again."

Issa grabbed Sang Woo's arm again. Before Sang Woo could react, however, in one swift movement, Issa's hand was forcefully pushed away, and Farhan stood between them. His face was red, and his eyes were locked on her.

Sang Woo grabbed Farhan's arm, suddenly afraid that he would slap Issa. Farhan looked to be on the brink of his patience with this woman.

Issa narrowed her eyes in rage.

The hatred in the room was suddenly palpable.

Farhan moved faster than Sang Woo's sight. He threw his hands up and grabbed Sang Woo's face, smashing their lips together.

The kiss was fast and sloppy and raw. Sang Woo didn't even get the chance to close his eyes before it was over. Issa looked equally shocked, as if she were the one who'd been kissed. Her mouth hung open and her eyes bulged.

Farhan leaned over towards her, no longer a threat. He blew his breath on her face, which caused her to jump back, even more shocked than before. Farhan purred, "Cherish that smell, bitch. That's the closest thing you'll ever get to kissing him ever again."

Sang Woo blinked, still dazed.  

Hey guys I am back!!! Sorry for the long hiatus. Here's some more reading for ya :)