The Proposal

Sang Woo took a seat across the table from his father. The ambience of the restaurant they were to eat at screamed that his father was meeting him to talk business. The induction of him as CEO of his father's company was only one month away and his father hadn't met with him since the announcement. This meeting definitely made him nervous.

"Hello father." Sang Woo said placing his hands in his lap. His father smiled and took a sip of wine.

"How's preparation for the event going?" He asked in a soft voice. His father's voice always came out barely audible than a whisper, but when he spoke, others strained their ears to listen. He was a fierce businessman in the Je Yongean financial industry and left big shoes to fill for Sang Woo.

"It's going great. We've managed to book the Grand Ballroom at the Wilkerson Hotel downtown." Sang Woo said, his tone oozing with pride.

"Great Sang Woo, a great venue for a great occasion. That'll be perfect."

A petite framed waitress approached the table. "Are you ready to order sir?" She said.

"I'll have a medium well prime rib with rosemary potatoes."

"Make that two." Sang Woo said. The woman bowed graciously and left the table.

"So I heard, NamTun Pharmaceuticals is selling all their stocks. This may be an ideal time for us to expand into the Pharm industry, what do you think Sang Woo?"

"Absolutely father. I know we've had our eyes on investment in Pharma for some time. That would definitely be another venture that we can afford to partake in. I've already forwarded contracts to legal."

Sang Woo's father smiled with pride. "Great."

Sang Woo and his father spoke comfortably about future business ventures and other financial gains for their company. Their plates were served and they continued their company talk, Sang Woo was relieved that questions and conversation about his personal life hadn't been the topic of discussion, for once.

"So dad, how is mom's charity work coming along?" Sang Woo asked finishing off the remainder of wine in his glass.

"It's great. She's working at a low-income school twice a week. And there's a charity auction next week. I'm sure she'll spend plenty of my money." Sang Woo and his father chuckled.

Sang Woo's father face grew serious. The lines in his forehead became more noticeable when he was to speak about more "serious topics." Sang Woo already knew that he was not going to like where this conversation was headed.

"Sang Woo..." His father said as he fidgeted with his napkin. "About marriage..."

"Dad I already told you, it'll happen when I find the right one." Sang Woo huffed.

"I know. And I would never want to force you... but I've set up a blind date for you..."

"Dad I don't need a blind date..."

"Why are you always so opposed to me and your mother setting someone up for you?" His father's brows furrowed.

"Because... love should happen naturally."

"It's just a date. I'm not asking you to marry her ... well, not until after the event."

"I know dad, it's just..." Sang Woo thought feverishly of how to get out of this.

"The time has come and gone for you to take your time with these matters..."

"Dad, I am already in love with someone," He lied.