1

Hi, I just want to kindly ask you all to not copy my book, I have all rights reserved.

This book is a work of fiction, all names, places, actions, incidents, characters, locations, and storylines are purely from my imagination, if there are any similarities then it is purely coincidental, I promise.

This book is semi-edited.

One more thing, this book was written before Hope was born on the Originals. I have watched TVD and its spin-offs. The name Mickelson is from there but everything else is purely coincidental. Please don't be rude.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Violet

Happiness is subjective, some people find it in the littlest things which others need an explosion of emotion to prove they are experience happiness.

I gulped as my parent's car pulled up to the pack party. An annual event held to help werewolves find their mates, by inviting all singles wolves over the age of sixteen to a party every year.

It's quite successful, that is if you wish to be torn away from your family and sent to another pack.

Being someone's mate was not always something I looked forward to. I'm not sure how I could be the type to be subordinate, to always listen, and for my soul purpose to just be a mate. I wanted so much more.

Unfortunately, my parents could only fall pregnant once, so their only children were non-other than myself and my twin sister. Both females. A little disappointing for some of the pack members considering our dad was a renowned pack warrior, a job title that barely went to women.

For years I started to train, aim, practice, make my femininity my weapon instead of a disadvantage. But today I'm here, sitting in the car as my parents drop us off to be mated off.

"Mum, one more year please." I try to beg.

"Violet, not again, we allowed two years off, you will be eighteen this year. You need a mate, we can't take care of you all your life."  My mother spoke back.

"I can take care of myself" I whisper harshly to myself. From the corner of my eye, I noticed my sister awkwardly waiting with me in the backseat of our Jaguar.

Our wolves being twins could feel the emotions of the other, and I could feel the excitement she was trying her hardest to hide.

"Let's go."I have in opening the door and leaving the car.

unlike me she wanted that cookie-cutter life. And she was my sister, so if I have to suffer amid loving couples and hormonal wolves for one night for her I will.

She came to my side and intertwined our hands.

"You two come home before running off with your mates yes," Mum shouted through the window.

I just rolled my eyes and my sister obediently answered.

"Make sure you see me before you leave with your mate," I tell her again as we walk past the gates falling into the middle of the party.

"Oh Vio, I would rather eat mud than leave without saying goodbye to my other half." She teases before freezing.

"Vi? Viola?" I ran my hands past her face and nothing. Her gaze was still fixated on something in the far distance.

"Oh Damn Vi, we just got here don't tell me you found him already.?!" I waved my hands in front of her face again," Vi?"

"It's like a chocolate and coffee mix," Viola gasped.