Dance Partner

Violet POV

"These are the two youngsters James?"

Cierra and I stood against the wall next to the front door with our hands folded behind our backs dressed in all black.

"Yes sir."

Philip gave an unamused look," I expected different.... forms of girls."

I shot Cierra a look.

Girls...no no sir i am a women.
And what different form of girl...that's just nonsense.

"Give me the low down about them please." He carried on.

Teresa who was on Cierras right stepped forward.

"Cierra Gray, number 23528, code name chosen Blizzard. 19 when she entered academy four years ago which will make her 23 today. She has special skills in close range fighting,
Bouldering and computer technology. I became her main instructor after the first year because of her close range skills. English is her first language but she can communicate in French and Russian as well ....she was partnered up to Violet Mickelson because of there contrasting abilities Sir."

I stared in awe at Teresa, she really knew Cierra well....but I was not in awe of that...I was in awe that she said that whole essay in one breath, no faulting not no loss of respect.
I salute her mentally.

"Violet Hope Mickelson," I stopped my internal thoughts to look at James who stepped out from my left.
", number 23572, code name chosen Frostbite. 18 when she entered academy four years ago which will make her 22 today. She has special skills in archery, far range shooting , swimming, hacking and is killer with the sniper." I stared at James, my mouth slightly ajar, his tone was so chilled and even humorous...definitely not as serious as Teresa. "I became her main instructor after the first year because of her personality and her constant perseverance also cause of her skills overall . English is her firsts language but she can communicate in Spanish and Arabic as well ....she was partnered up to Cierra Gray because of there contrasting skills as well as we needed a cool headed girl to balance of violets anger tantrums." James laughed.

I could kill him.

What is they don't send me because of that little comment.

"Okay okay I see," Phillip typed something in his computer, " how about the Carver case."  He walked around to face us. Then faced the instructors. "Part A of the Carver case only."

"Come now Phil-"

James was interrupted by Phillip who raised his voice quite a few notches higher, " they are ready for this and it's my final decision! Get them connected to Nick, he will be there tech guy."

With that he dismissed us and we left his office, heading towards Micheals.

"So what did he give them?" Micheal asked as soon as we entered.

"The damn surveillance part of the Carver case. They deserve more that that and you all know it." Agent James seemed to be really pissed about the case but I didn't think it was so bad we were starting out agents and this is just us testing the water.

" we can't do anything about it now." Micheal stated," we should just brief them and get them going."

"Fine!,"

Jame switched in the projected. " this is Zain Carver, he is about 28 years old, he's a criminal but obviously you know that . There are many cases that he is linked to but not enough information to put him away. now he was last seen outside a small city outside of Russia, we think his plan has something to do with the parade going to happen in three days. The huge amounts of snow covering the city means it is very hard to track anything by satellite that's why we need you two to go and do surveillance on behalf of us."

"Sir, what type of crimes has he committed?" I asked

"Sadly Frostbite that is confidential...what I have told you is all we can disclose to you at this moment."

"Okay okay but." Cierra interrupted," what exactly are we supposed to surveil him doing?"

"As I said, we think it has something to do with the parade happening, you see the mayor of the town will be in the parade and escorting him is the world know supermodel Latia Kavernosa. She will be wearing a 24 carat white gold headpiece made for indian royalty..A gift to her by the Mayor."

"How the hell did the mayor of a small town get that much money." Cierra whispered to me.

"You just need to do some surveillance see if he is planning to rob or injure anyone and stop it-"

James was interrupted by Teresa shouting his name.

"What he ment to say is that you must find out what will be happing and report back then we will move forward from there. Now you have full access to all the files ...your questions will be answered once you look there okay?"

We both nodded and excused ourselves making our way back to our room to pack.

"It's going to be cold...."

"Come on girl, tell me you are not disappointed that we got this lame case, there is no action , no juice no meat!"

I laughed," everyone has to start somewhere, even if it's in a cold ice land. And we only have to watch one boy."

"He better be hot or at least cute."

"Cierra!" I laughed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That night Cierra and I decided to hit the clubs with a few of our co workers, this was a celebration after four hard years of training we officially qualify...but for the other co worker..it was just a way to get drunk and dance.

I wore mini silver skirt, that had long silver cutout strips hanging over the silver so when I moved it swayed. Then a simple black Cami tucked into it.

For a work night , the club was full. Hot bodies swaying , the smell of alcohol perfuming the room and the bright LED lights burning through.

Katy Perry's 'Swish Swish." Starting playing through the club.

"Yass this is my jam!"
Both Cierra and I ran to the middle of the dance floor, shacking our hips to the lyrics along with the beat.
Swish Swish

We danced for hours in end. It the best. The feeling of adrenaline pumping through you. Your body getting sore from just dancing...and the eyes burning all over your body as you move.

I know what you are thinking but no, four years but I didn't have a boyfriend nor a hookup. It just didn't appeal to me anymore.

Out of the blue, two large warm hands nestled its way to my waist holding me in place with their long fingers.

I attempted to turn but the hands held  me in my place only allowing me movement to sway.

"Sssh stay right there." He whispered.

Through the sound of the music I couldn't tell who it was. Definitely male. Definitely sexy.

I needed this, I waited to long .

Slowly I danced closer to the stranger. Moving my hips slowly closer to my dance partner until I was slowly dancing in sync with him, so close that just our clothes separated us.

In a haze dream state I continued dancing.

"Damn Violet here you are! We were looking for you everywhere....it's time to go ! We have training at five tomorrow!" Cierra shouted over the music.

She came over and grabbed my hands pulling me away from my dance partner.

"Wait!"

But it was too late. Cierra dragged me out already.

Hey guys!
Thanks so much for reading!
I really appreciate it!
And love you all!
Xoxo
PF

Vote and comment🖤