Chance

Violet POV

I rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes.
I don't even remember going to bed last night but we did.
I walked over to the window of the bedroom in what seems to be my panties and Xander's oversized top.

Beautiful tall mountains capped with shiny white snow and random tall trees spread across the land.
Wait.
Ian's pack is in the north but not north enough to see snow capped mountains.

I pull a blanket from the bed and wrapped it around my pj body before walking out of the room running straight into Beta Shane.

"Violet, your awake."

I nodded, "Shane, do you know how I got here?"

"Easy, yesterday, after everything , you fell asleep on Xander. But then I called him. That scary African witchy lady came here demanding to see both of you , so late last night he brought you here. He is with her now in the family room. You can go ahead. Down this passageway to the left ."

I nodded and gave Shane a small smile before following his directions to the living room. I gently pushed opened the door to a sight I never thought I would see and it broke me. Xander was bending down his head wrapped in Mohanna's arms resting on her shoulder. His body shook ever so gentle telling me he was crying.

Alphas don't cry unless it is by the people they trust.

Slowly I started to feel my own tears escape. They came out hot and slow, trailing gentle down my cheeks. I was going to be a mum.
My slight sniffles attracted the wolf ears of Xander causing him to stand up straight and quickly wiped his eyes before turning and looking at me. Mohanna looked past xanders giant frame to me. Once we made eye contact , her eyes softened and she came waddling up to me wrapping her arms around my body.

"My poor baba." She cooed, " my poor baba."

She lead my from the door way to the sofa before sitting down. Xander pulled me till I was sitting on his lap directly opposite Mohanna.

"I keep my eyes on you child." Mohanna stated talking directly to Xander. " I think it's partly because I feel guilty. I was the one able to make Elle have a child with the human..if I didn't ...perhaps things will be different."

I felt Xander squeeze my hand at the mention of his mate but I couldn't squeeze back, I needed answers now.

"How do you think this happened Mohanna, we never use any witches help. Nor has this happened before."

Mohanna started to play with her bangles on her arm making an annoying cluttering sound that was annoying the hell out of me.

"I believe it was because you didn't have your wolf at that time."

I raised my brow.

"Your wolf was like a switch, on and off, all the time yes? I feel that after you'll slept together you were more human then wolf. And then there is me. I said the same spell I set for Ella and her human. For you to...I thought you wanted it. I am so sorry to put you through this."

I took a deep breathe.

"Do you think it will happen again?" I asked her cautiously.
I could even feel Xander behind me pulling me tensely close to him.