Winter chills

This is a biiiiit longer

Violet POV

Nothing , absolutely nothing happened last night. I was waiting for some sort of alarm, something to tell me that a challenge was on but nothing.

I got up and made my way to the connecting bathroom.

"Are you also disappointed we didn't get to go to the challenge yesterday." Cierra asked her toothbrush hanging out of her mouth.

"There was a challenge?!"

"Mmh, Brad and Daniel from downstairs got picked, apparently they did well and will be leaving on a mission soon." Cierra turned and looked over at me," aww babe don't be disappointed we will be challenged today...but first we have the meeting to discuss our codes."

"Codes?...like code names?" I asked a bit hesitantly.

"Yea ...something they told me when I first tried out,," she chuckled to herself," I quote," Cierra that's a weird way to spell your name...but we don't have to worry about that from now on as you will be known as 23528 that is until you get a code name, unquote."

"A code name ...that's sounds so cool."

"Yup, so you better get ready fast before all the good ones are gone."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ten minutes later Cierra and I began making our way to the main hall.

"You said you would never go back.. to your home...may I ask why?" She asked me .

I bit my lip. The true reasons all flooding through my brains," I guess I'm just happier here..I don't think I'll be as happy there as I am here."

She laughed ," solid answer."
She giggled again," maybe that should be you nickname," solid."

I stared at her mouth ajar, " solid ..really and what would you be liquid?"

We both shared a look and busted out into a feet of giggles.

"Yo Cierra!." A handsome tall man, with surfer blonde hair and flip flops walked over.

"Brad! ," Cierra wrapped her hands around the handsome stranger ," I heard you got chosen for a mission ...congratulations."

The guy gave her a hug and pulled back," we did ...it's somewhere beachy...that's all I know so far.." he looked at his watch. " Crap! I'm late for the briefing!" With that he scuttled away, not before shouting at us that the code name solid and liquid were already taken.

We made our way into the same board room as yesterday, taking a seat at the desks we had a chance to flip through remaining options of code names. There were lots ....ranging from flowers like Rose and Lavender to names like cherub and angel.

" I like this one,"

I snapped out of my daze to look where Cierra was pointing.
Snowflake
"But it sound so cute....not dangerous and badass. So maybe I should go with this?." She asked as she pointed to another.
Blizzard

" yea I think this one works...it's more in your face...has this fast and furious connotation...people wouldn't know what hit them."

I smirked ," imma call you blizzy."

Cierra gave me a gentle push as she smiled her full smile. She truly had a contagious smile.

"Alright my turn,." I scanned the names one more time before pointing to it." Since we are on a winter theme , I want this ."
Frostbite