You cant trust an Uchiha

~Natsuki's POV~

"Um, excuse me. Could you tell me where Uchiha Sasuke's room is?" I asked the receptionist at Konoha Hospital.

"Let's see..." She checked through a clipboard of paitents' names. "Oh, here it is. He's in room 261."

"Thank you." I said and walked off to find Sasuke's room.

We got back from the Land of Tea yesterday thanks to Ibiki-san picking us up by boat. I still can't believe we managed to complete a B-ranked mission without Kakashi! Despite the giddy feeling in my stomach, it was soon overwhelmed by a darker thought. My mind traveled back to our farewell with Idate and the Wasabi Family. 'I don't kow what to make of all this. I mean, I didn't do it on purpose. Sasuke knows that, he knows I would never--'

"Natsuki?" I looked up and met Sakura's green eyes.

"Sakura, hey." I greeted. The pinkette walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." I said and walked past her.

"Hey Natsuki!" I looked back to Sakura as she called out to me. "Is it true? What you said about me on the mission. Do you really feel that way?"

I was confused at first by her words but quickly replied with a soft smile. I didn't say anything and continued my way to Sasuke's room.

When I got there, I found it empty aside from Sasuke staring blankly into his hands as he sat in his hospital bed. From where I stood, he looked like an emotionless, lifeless, shell. Even though outside the room the village was alive with noise and smells.

"Sasuke..?" I softly spoke. I watched as he clenched his teeth together and fell on his back with his hands behind his head, glaring holes into the ceiling. I walked over and sat down in the chair next to him. I was about to speak when I saw him roll onto his side with his back to me. Things were defiantly tense between me and Sasuke and I didn't like it.

"Listen, Sasuke. I really want to talk to you about---"

I was cut off by Naruto and Sakura entering the room. I noticed that when Sasuke sat up and noticed Naruto, his face was tight.

Sakura walked over towards us with a bag full of red apples from the market. I got up and offered her my seat and stood on the other side of Naruto, furthest away from Sasuke.

"Sasuke-kun, I've brought you some apples. You don't hate them, do you?" Sakura asked but got no reply from the ravenette. "Don't they look delicious?"

Again, he gave no response. Sakura placed the bag of apples on the ground and mumbled where she put the knife.

"It's right in front of you." Naruto said. I watched as Sasuke flinched in anger every time Naruto spoke. "Ha! Are you being nervous cause you're with Sasuke? How uncool, Sakura-chan."

"It's not like that! Would you stop fooling around!" Sakura yelled.

"Ah!! I give up! I give up!" Naruto cried as Sakura had him in a headlock.

"Guys, calm down, we're in a hospital and I don't think Sasuke appreciates the noise.." I said. The next thing I know; Sakura is peeling apples while Naruto was seeing stars on the ground.

The only sound in the room was the sound of Sakura peeling the apples. I glanced up at Sasuke every now and then and watched his expressions change from emotionless to infuriated like the flip of a coin. I could tell he was going to snap soon. I knew all too well.

"Well, I've finished peeling it. Now, let cut it so it's easier to eat." Sakura spoke naively. "Here, Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke glared menacingly at Sakura as she offered him a piece of apple. I knew what was going to happen, and I wasn't about to let it happen to Sakura.