Mission at the beach!!

"Team Kakashi, here are the details of your next mission. You may leave when you're ready." The old lady, Tsunade, handed us a scroll which Sakura gratefully took.

After scowling non-stop at Tsunade, I removed her from my line of vision and made my way over to Sakura to peer over her shoulder at the scroll.

My eyes skimmed over the information lazily but my stomach bubbled over in excitement when they landed on a specific word.

"We're going to the beach!"

_____________________________________

The weather was on our side today. After being stuck on a boat for six hours, we finally arrived at the Land of Sea. Just like the name suggests, the whole island was surrounded by beautiful beaches and a stretch of the ocean as far as the eye could see.

My tail wagged wildly as I ran up and down the beach. Laughter erupted from ear to ear across my face. I stopped my running and took in a fresh breath, the salty air relaxed my body and I felt like I would melt into the white sand. I felt at peace.

"Oi Natsuki! Hurry up, we're leaving!" My ear twitched and I looked over to my team, grins and smiles covered their faces as they watched my moment of immaturity.

"Coming!" I called back and sprinted back to them as they said goodbye to the boat driver.

We were staying at a nearby inn on the seaside for four days. The mission was to spend the days working at a local cafe and trying to reel in more customers. It was a D ranked mission, but after only being out of the hospital for a couple weeks, I wasn't exactly keen on jumping straight into something higher. The beach was just what I needed.

After cheeking into the inn we got our keys and made our way to our rooms. The boys and girls would be staying in separate rooms, so that meant I was with the 'angel' that was Sakura Haruno.

"Alright you lot. Tomorrow we'll start work at the cafe, so for tonight get plenty of rest." Kakashi ordered us. We all nodded and he excused himself for the night.

"Sasuke-kun!" Do you want to go for a walk?" Sakura said fluttering her eyes at him.

"Don't flirt with someone else's boyfriend." I growled. Sakura shot me a glare at my interruption.

"I'll pass." Sasuke rolled his eyes and retreated back to his room.

I stared after Sasuke as he entered his room in mild surprise. I was happy he turned her down but I was kinda hoping he would want to hang out with me for a bit.

"Sakura-chan, I'll go with you!" Naruto beamed.

Sakura swatted his suggestion away like it was a pesky fly and went back to our room. I glance at the sad smile on Naruto's face and on instant, grabbed his hand and yanked him down the hallway.

"Natsuki, what are you doing??"

"Let's go exploring." I smiled at him and continued pulling him with me.

We spent the rest of the day playing along the beach like a couple of little kids. We made sand castles, explored the inn and bought bags full of food at the store nearby to save everyone from going out for dinner.

Right now, we were sitting on the beach talking. My fingers played with the sand beside me while Naruto ranted on about which cup ramen he thought was best.

"Hey Natsuki... Is something going on between you and Sasuke?" Naruto surprised me by the suddenness of his question. I stared at his concerning expression for a while longer. His blonde eyebrows were pulled into the center of his face, the look in his eyes expressed something I couldn't read.