Tears from the Sky and a Broken Wolf's Cry

I dedicate this chapter to snowbunny100 who's my newest follower, thanks a bunch for the follow, it means a lot ;)

Anyway... get your tissues ready, cause I tried to make this a sad chapter. Tell me what you think.

================================

It had been a week since the Village was attacked by Orochimaru and his men, including the Sand Village. We manage to defeat the enemy. Many lives were lost and the village has been mourning.

I crawled out of my bed and slowly shuffled my way to the bathroom. I got in the shower and let the warm water run down my head and back.

I got out half an hour later and wrapped a purple towel around my body and walked out into my room. I stared at the black dress laid out on my bed. I quietly dried off and got change. The dress fell to my knees and was plain. I put on my black ninja shoes that came up to my mid-calf. I stared at myself in the mirror and my reflection was tragic; my eyes were clouded and looked dead, like my soul had left me. My face held no emotion. I looked horrible.

There was a knock on my door and in walked Sasuke also dressed completely in black.

"Natsu-chan, it's time to go..." His sweet voice tingled my ears. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, leading me out the house. I looked up at the sky, monochrome patterns gave it a dark and gloomy look.

The perfect weather for a funeral....

We met up with Naruto and Sakura and continued on our way to the service. Not a word was exchanged between us and we walked in silence, keeping to ourselves.

We stood on the roof of the Hokage building that was used mostly for announcements because it overlooked the entire village.

Pictures were displayed at the front of all the brave shinobi that sacrificed themselves for the Village. Me and my team made our way to the front of the crowd and stood next to Kakashi-sensei facing the photos. My eyes were drawn to, and paid attention to only one...

The smiling face of the old man, Hokage.

I wanted to cry. Knowing I'll never see his smile again. I would never hear his voice or his laugh. No more when he praised me for my rights, or scold me for my wrongs. I wouldn't be able to walk into his office and see him hunched over his desk, buried in papers, or go out to train with him.

Something soft and wet hit my cheek and rolled down, followed by another and another. I looked up to the bleak sky, not a hint of emotion visible on my pale face.