Second Exam: Forest of Death

Minna-San!!!! Sorry it's taken me forever to update! I've just been busy and have been suffering from writers block... I was a little unmotivated to post a new chapter and was thinking of putting this story on hold but I hate leaving something unfinished and I saw that I have over 800 reads!!! I had no ideas that you liked this book so much!

Arigatou!!!!~

Anyways I will try and post more chapters cause I have big plans for future chapters.... I'm also a little bored with writing the Chunin exams and I know you all are probably bored reading it as well so I'll try to post fast so I can get to the good stuff, so please bear with me!~

You guys should also try my original story 'Hearts Song' if you like my stories please read this one and tell me what you think!!!

Okay, now on with the next chapter!!!!!!

===================== \(^•^)/====================

••••••••• Sasuke's POV•••••••••

"W-what is this place?"

Team 7 as well as the rest of the genin that survived the first exam stood staring wide-eyed at what was in front of us. Trees that looked to be the height of a small mountain covered most of the area, a tall wired fence, far shorter than the trees lined out the perimeter of the forest. The occasional warning sighs decorated the fence... to be frank, it looked like it was designed to keep something in.

"This is where the second exam will take place" The purple-headed konoichi began. Everyone's eyes tore from the dark forest and focused on the instructor for the next test. "It's the 44th training area... also known as the Forest of Death." She said sinisterly.

I saw most of the girls and a few of the guys start freaking out and getting nervous. Well with a name like the 'Forest of Death', who wouldn't.

Naruto started fidgeting and running around the place. It was getting annoying and I was about to say something when I noticed a weird squarish rock following the idiot around. Naruto ran back and forth and the rock continued to follow him wherever he went.

I let out a sigh and noticed something was missing.... I looked around and found what I was looking for,

"Oi Natsuki, what's wrong?" I said walking up to my girlfriend who was staring intensely at the forest.

"Natsuki?" No reply. "Hey, Natsuki. Are you okay?" Still no reply.

Sighing I grabbed hold of her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. This got her attention and she whipped her head around and stared at me wide-eyed before relaxing and giving me a weak smile. I furrow my eyebrows and ask her again of something's wrong, this time she gives me a reply.

"I'm a little worried... actually scratch that... I'm scared." She says shakily. I narrow my eyebrows and think about what she said.

"There's nothing to be scared about, Natsuki. I'm here for you and I'll make sure nothing happens to you. I promise."

"Mm. I just get the feeling that something bad is going to happen...." She said turning her gaze back to the forest.

I scanned her facials and could see worry lines etching their way across her forehead.

I kissed her on the cheek and pulled her into a hug.

"Everything's gonna be okay, I promise nothing will happen." I whisper in her ear and rub gentle circles on her back. She nods softly and nuzzles her face deeper into my chest. I couldn't help but chuckle at how cute she can be at times. I'm lucky to have her by my side.