Naruto versus Neji

"Next match will be starting now. Naruto Uzumaki and Neji Hyuuga please make your way to the arena!" The proctor announced.

I glanced at Naruto worried that he has to go up against Neji of all people. The Hyuuga clan are one of the strongest clans in the world along with the Uchiha clan and my clan; the Himuras. The Himura clan have a lot of power behind their name so we are respected by everyone, especially me; I'm the Himura clans Princess, well I was. But that story's for another time. Anyway the Hyuuga clan devoted their loyalty to the Himuras and protected us, serving as the clans bodyguards. I meet Hinata when I was very young and my parents had me accompany them to a meeting with her father. I learned from her that a boy named Neji who was part of the branch family of the Hyuugas had the strength to match the members from the head family, even become the next successor of the clan. If Naruto goes up against Neji, there's no way he's going to win.

"Yosh! Looks like it's my turn!" Naruto cheers and started to head to the battle field. Before he got too far away, I grabbed his hand causing him to look back to me with wide eyes and a hint of colour on his cheeks.

"Naruto, please be careful. Neji Hyuuga is unbelievably strong and he will most likely kill you without realising it." I warned him.

However, Naruto being Naruto did what he would normally do in this situation. He grinned from ear to ear and shot a thumbs up. My eyes widened.

"Don't worry about me, Natsuki! I won't lose! If I beat him then I'll be one more step closer to becoming Hokage. There's no way I'll let him beat me, believe it!"

I sighed and shook my head slowly with a small smile tugging on my lips.

"I guess I have no reason to be worried."

"Hehe~" Naruto chuckled. I let go of him and he ran off to the battle field. I walked over to the railing next to Shikamaru and leaned on the cold metal.

My eyes meet with Neji's and a nod was exchanged between us, acknowledging each other. With a layout of the rules by the examiner were shared, the match began.

Naruto summoned about 20 clones and charged at Neji with a battle cry. Naruto went to punch Neji but Neji activated his Byakugan and evaded the attack. The byakugan allows the caster to see chakra, enhances their sight and gives them almost a full 360 degree radius vision of their surroundings, as well as some other cool advantages to aid them in scouting and battles.

Neji punched Naruto and started to counter him. Naruto's clones flew at Neji one after the other, however Neji once again dodged and countered the clones and their attacks. Naruto started to get tired while Neji kept a calm and relaxed exterior. Naruto might be fast, but Neji's even faster.

Neji charged towards Naruto, avoiding all of the clones and going straight after one, specific clone.

'He's already found the real one?" I thought.

Naruto just stood there like a deer in headlights; not even bothering to block or dodge Neji's oncoming attack. Neji pokes Naruto in his chest, right where his hearts is located. Naruto coughed up blood and all of Naruto's clones disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Naruto!" I exclaimed and watched him keel over with his hands over his chest. Not even five minutes into the fight and Neji already used an attack that could of killed him.

Naruto started to laugh which caught me by surprise, Neji was in the same state as me and Naruto disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

"Shadow Clone!?" Me and Shika exclaimed.

Two Naruto's leapt towards Neji and went to throw a punch but Neji materialised his chakra into a shield to protect his face from Naruto's fist. Neji smirked and a huge chakra dome covered him which seemed to burn the two Narutos. Neji begun to spin.