A series of Changes

Recap:

"Did you say something Natsuki?" He said in a seductive voice. I bit my lip and tried to hold back another moan. He brought his lips down again and brushed them along my jaw bone and stopped near my lips teasingly. I growled at him. I tried to push him off again but he wouldn't budge.

"Sasuke.." I said in a raspy voice hoping he would understand and get off. But it ended up having the opposite effect when his lips pressed against my own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes widened in shock. Sasuke is kissing me!? I tried to push him off but ended up pulling him closer and kissing him back. Our lips moved in sync. I laced my arms around his neck unconsciously and I felt him smirk against my lips. After a few seconds we pulled apart and I stared into his black orbs as he stared into my blue ones. After I processed what had just happened a blush rose to my face turning it red like a tomato. I turned away to hide my face. 'Like hell I'm going to let Sasuke of all people see me blush.' He chuckled and placed his fingers on my chin making me turn back to him.

"You're cute when you blush." He chuckled. I blushed even harder and didn't know what to do.

His hand moved from my chin to my cheek and his thumb started tracing circles. I looked back up at him and saw pure happiness and love in his eyes.

"I like you, Natsuki."

My eyes widened at his confession. My heart started to race and I found it a little hard to believe. 'He can't really like me, it has to be the heat getting to him, there's no way he could like a mangy wolf pup with no family.'

I went to sit up, Sasuke getting off of me and helping me sit up. We sat in an awkward silence. 'I don't get it, why me? I'm suppose to hate the Uchiha's so why can't I.." I think and glance over at Sasuke. '..bring myself to hate this one?' His face held uncertainty and nervousness. I could clearly hear his heart beating as fast as mine was.

'Why hasn't she said anything? Did I scare her? Does she really hate me that much? Tch, now I feel like an idiot! I probably just ruined any chance I had proving I was different. Damn it!' He thought.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Did he really like me? I don't know what to say.

There was shuffling and Sasuke got up to leave with an angry expression. Before he could leave I reached out and grabbed his wrist. He turned back to me, still with an angry expression on but his eyes held hurt and surprise. I looked away and stared at the floor.

"I don't hate you..." I said softly so it was barely a whisper. Sasuke obviously heard me and knelt in font of me, placing a hand on my cheek. He gently pulled my face closer and leaned in. I closed my eyes and kissed him. It was sweet and filled with passion. We pulled away and a small smile played at his lips. I growled in frustration and turned away biting my lip. He chuckled and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me to him. He hugged me and stroked my short hair.

"I really like you, Natsuki, I promise I'll never hurt or betray you, just give me me a chance. Please. I want to be by your side. I want to be the one you come to for anything. I want to be yours, so please, will you let me call you mine?" He said softly in my ear. My heart started to flutter and my breath hitched. I buried my face in his shirt and nodded. His grip on me tightened and the anxiety that was hovering in his heart disappeared. I closed my eyes and smiled, breathing in his scent. 'It couldn't hurt to give him a chance, could it?'

--------------- the day before the Chunin Exams --------------

Kakashi-sensei got us up early this morning for missions. All though you can't really call pulling out weeds, picking up rubbish from a waterfall, and walking dogs missions.