Egos Clash Gaara versus Sasuke

Silence covered the whole arena. Only two people stood on the battle field, and they were Gaara and the examiner.

'Sasuke, where the hell are you?' I thought.

"I'm growing rather tired of all this waiting!" Okami's voice boomed in my head.

'You're not one for being patient are you?' I chuckled mentally.

"Hmph. They sure have the ingornance to keep me waiting. Those last two matches didn't provide me with nearly enough entertainment. Your match was no different."

'Have you always complained this much?' I thought getting slightly ticked off. ' Well it can't be helped. Sasuke's with Kakashi-sensei, and he's not exactly known for his punctuality.'

Okami went quiet after that.

The crowd was starting to get restless, I don't blame them.

Suddenly, almost out of no where, the wind begain to pick up and a small tornado formed, leaves danced around the heavy wind.

I caught a familiar scent and my eyes lit up, my tail wagging visiously. Two figures could just be seen in the center of the tornado. With my keen eyesight I could make out the two figures.

The wind disappeared leaving a tall figure with messy silver hair and a smaller figure with unruly raven black hair.

"Name?" The examiner asked the smaller figure, I could make out a small smirk on his lips.

The ravenette faced the proctor, "Uchiha Sasuke."

The stadium went wild with roars and cheers, happy that they were going to see a decent fight.

"Welcome back, Sasuke!" I couldn't help myself and call out to my boyfriend who I havn't seen in a month.

Sasuke turned his head to me slightly so I could just see his onyx orbs peeking though his over grown bangs and winked. A grin spread from ear to ear across my face and I waved. He turned away with a smirk, trying to act cool.

Gaara took a step closer to Sasuke and his gorgeous smirk vanished and replaced it with his serious deminor, as he made eye contact with the Sand Ninja.

The examiner gave out the rules and the match started.

Sand slowly poured out of the giant gourd on Gaara's back like it was alive. The hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood on end. As the sand hit the ground, it didn't look alive anymore. I looked around to see if the other fighters felt the same thing I did. From what I could tell the looks on their faces proved me right, however, no matter how much I searched, Naruto and Shika weren't here.

'Geez, where did those two go?' I thought.

I brought my attention back to the match, dismising the thought of Naruto and Shikamaru and focused on Sasuke. The sand once again came to life and Sasuke and Gaara had a mini stare down like the cowboys do. In a flash, Sasuke made the first move. The ravenette drew a couple of shuriken from his weapon holster and threw them at the redhead. However his sand blocked the oncoming attack and another Gaara was molded from the sand. Sasuke charged towards Gaara but the sand clone shot a river of sand in an attempt to hit the oncoming Uchiha. Sasuke dodged by jumping into the air. Gaara's clone threw the shuriken it caught from the first attack and was countered by another shuriken thrown by the ravenette. The attacks cancelled each other out and Sasuke sent a punch to the sand clone that it was unable to block. Sasuke spun around on his hands and delivered a swift kick to its jaw followed by a karate chop to the neck. Sasuke's hand was stuck in the clone so he delivered a right hook and the clone was destroyed.