Backup has arrived!

••••••••••••••••• (still Sakura's POV)•••••••••••

It's now night time and I somehow managed to carry Naruto and Sasuke-kun to a safe place, for now. Both of them are still unconscious and Natsuki is nowhere to be found. Where did that stupid wolf go anyway?

Sasuke-kun started groaning again. I placed my hand gently on his forehead. "His breathing is going back to normal, but he still has a fever."

I looked from Sasuke-kun to Naruto. I have to protect them! No matter what!

_______________________________

I felt something warm touch my face and I slowly opened my eyes. Sunlight spilt through the gasps in the roots of the tree we were hiding in.

"Morning..? I guess I fell asleep." I said groggily to myself.

"Mmhaa! That was a nice nap!" I heard a goofy voice.

"Naruto!" I exclaimed and the idiot who just woke up.

"Morning Sakura-chan." He grinned. Sasuke-kun groaned and sat up as well.

"Sasuke-kun!!" I said happily.

"Did you nurse us?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup."

"Thank you Sakura-chan, I feel a lot better now!" Naruto smiled.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and wiped my tears. "I'm glad."

I heard the bushes rustle and Orochimaru appeared. He turned into a snake and launched towards us. I went to warn Sasuke-kun and Naurto but nothing came out. I was mute. The snake went to eat them and I was helplessly watching it happen.

I snapped my eyes open. I let out a breath I had been holding when I realised it was just a dream and the boys were still sleeping.

I heard the bushes rustle from behind me. And thinking it was Orochimaru, I pulled out a kunai and held it to my chest where my heart was beating wildly. In one fast movement I turned around and was about to attack when a squirrel scurried away. I let out a sigh of relief but that was short lived when three ninja appeared and judging by their forehead protectors they were sound ninja.

"Oi girly, can you wake up Sasuke-kun? We want to fight him." Said a boy with one eye visible. I remember him! He was the one who attacked us right at the beginning, before the first exam!

I put a hand over my weapon holster that was strapped to my thigh and stood up. "What are you talking about? What is your purpose? We know that a guy named Orochimaru is behind all of this." I glared. They all looked taken aback at how much I know. "What's that weird bruise on Sasuke-kun's neck? You want to fight Sasuke-kun after you did this to him?"

"I wonder, too. What was that person thinking?" The one eyed man said.

"But now that we've heard that, we can't ignore it." A boy with the same haircut as Kakashi-sensei said. "I'll kill this girl, too, I'll even kill this Sasuke guy." He said.

"Wait, Zaku." One Eye said to the other boy. One Eye steps forward and inspects the ground.

"This ground is uneven and shows that it's been dug up. Theres no meaning to a trap if it isn't made well." My eyes widened. He figured it out.

"Let's kill her right away." One Eye said and they all charged at me. I smirked and pulled out a kunai. I cut a wire I set up and a log came flying at the trio. However the guy with one eye smashed it into pieces.

"You have no talent at all!" He shouted. Tears played at the corner of my eyes as I awaited to be killed.

"Konoha Whirlwind!" A voice shouted and a whirlwind of dirt and leaves hit the attacking ninja making them fly back.

I shielded my eyes from the dirt and when I opened them again, a boy in a green bodysuit stood protectively in front of me.

"Lee!" I exclaim. "Why are you here?"

"When you are in danger, I will appear at anytime." Lee said and flashed me a reassuring smile.

"But right now, I'm your enemy too."

"I told you before... That I will protect you till the death."

"Go out with me. I promise to protect you till the death."

"Thank you.. Lee."

Suddenly the one eyed sound ninja charged towards us. I pulled out another kunai and threw it at him but he was too fast and dodged it. The sound ninja lept into the air and went to bring his fist down on us when Lee pulled up a tree root and used it as a shield.

'He's... strong.' I thought.

Lee unwrapped his bandages from his wrists and punched the sound ninja in the chest followed by a kick to the ninja's jaw that sent him flying upwards.

'I remember this move! He used it against Sasuke-kun!'

Lee shadowed the sound ninja and his loose bandages wrapped around the ninja. Lee grabbed hold of the sound ninja and they came plummeting down to the earth. With a thrust of Lee's body they started to spin almost like a drill.

"Take this! Secondary lotus!" Lee chants and pile drives the sound ninja but the other ninja -Zaku - formed some hand signs and punched the ground just as Lee and One Eye looked to make contact with it.

When the dust cleared One Eye was driven into a dome of dirt made from his ally and Lee had returned to my side in a crouched position.

One Eye pulled him self out of the ground.

"No way!" Lee exclaimed.

"That's a terrifying move, boy. Even though I landed in this soft earth, it still hurt like hell." One Eye spoke.

The sound ninja pulled up his sleeve and he charged at Lee.

"Lee watch out!" I warn him but he was too worn out and only barely dodged the punch. Even though Lee dodged the attack, he still collapsed to the ground and cried out in pain.

"Lee!" I cried and ran over to him. "Lee are you alright." I asked and gently patted his back. But my eyes widened when I saw blood coming from his ears.

"Lee! Hang in there!" I said. Lee let out a cry and threw up.

"Hehe. There's a little trick to my attack, dodging it won't work." He said.

'What did he do...?'

He explained to us that he was using the vibrations in sound to hurt us and that even if we dodge his punch we won't be able to stop the sound.

I sat there dumbfounded. There's no way we can beat them. We're going to die here... I watched as the sound ninja charged towards me, his fist raised. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact.

Suddenly I heard the sound of wolves howling and screams. I opened my eyes slightly and saw flashes of red spray everywhere a savage growl that could only belong to an animal.

"Sakura are you okay?"  Said a girlish voice. My eyes widened at the gory sight laid out before me and a pair of black and gold eyes meet mine.

=============================

Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoyed it

See ya~