The Written Test....

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I am the examiner of the 1st test of the Chunin Selection Exam, Morino Ibiki!"

---------------------------------------------------- Sasuke's POV ------

The whole room turned deathly quiet with the sudden appearance of the man clad in black and various scars covering his face. I could feel his intense amount of chakra and let me tell you, it wasn't a comfortable feeling.

I felt something start to shake in my arms and realised that I was still holding a deaf Natsuki. I hugged her into my chest and tried to calm her down even though I knew she was still in pain. Every now and then I would hear slight whimpers escape her lips and it hurt me to see her like this and not being able to do anything about it. I caressed her blood stained ears and shushed her.

"Let me take a look at her." A heavy voice demanded. I looked up and met Ibiki's sharp features and nodded, handing Natsuki over to him.

He assessed the damage done to her ears and called over a medic who used their chakra to heal her ears.

The medic handed Natsuki back to me and I held her in my arms with a worried look etched across my face.

"Sasuke-kun, how is she?" I heard Sakura's squeaky voice calling me.

"She'll be fine once she wakes up." I say cooly.

"I'm so glad." She replied placing a hand over her chest. 'I thought Sakura hated Natsuki? Hn, girl's are too confusing.'

"Yea well so are boys..." A soft voice spoke up. I looked down at the wolf girl in my arms and smirked.

"So you read my mind again, huh?"

She gave me a weak smile and sat up.

"Don't worry, I didn't read too much." She grinned. I smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"You really had me worried, you know."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It okay, how are your ears?"

"Better, they don't hurt as much anymore but think I'll start to get a headache if there's too much noise around." She says softly. I nod and help her to her feet just as Ibiki was giving out the instructions for the exam.

"We will now begin the first part of the Chunin Selection Exams." Ibiki started. I walked over to the others while supporting Natsuki. "Hand in your application forms and receive one of these number tags, and sit where the number tells you to. Then we'll pass out the papers for the written examination." Ibiki ordered. Naruto started to freak at the mention of a written test.

"A PAPER TEST!!!!!" Naruto screamed. I felt Natsuki flinch. I covered her sensitive ears and called out to Naruto.

"Oi teme! Watch how loud you are! Natsuki's ears are still sore!" I yell, catching not only the attention of Naruto but the other rookies as well.

The fan girls all shot Natsuki death glares and I could practically see their killing auras, while Naruto started to vomit up apologies. I sighed and glanced back to Natsuki who started to straighten up.

"It's alright Sasuke, I'm fine now." She said. I nodded and we went to get our numbers.

---------------------------------------------------- Natsuki POV --------

After going through what seems like hell with my ears, a man with scars got a medic ninja to help heal my ears so now I could hear things again but they still hurt a bit.

The man with the scars who I found out later to be Ibiki called us up one at a time to be handed a number for where we were going to sit during the written test. 'Argh, it had to be a WRITTEN test!' I thought annoyed. I could tell Naruto was also not keen on the test. Let's just say that back at the academy, me and Naruto weren't exactly top students when it came to written tests.