Remembering the Past

It was a plain, normal day. Deep in the forest bordering the north of the Land of Fire, a hidden clan compound could be found. The compound belonged to non-other than the Himura Clan; a clan that shared 28% of the same DNA as wolves. Because of this 'mutation' the Himura's took on specific aspects of these mountain dogs and thus were feared greatly even though they were probably the most kindest people anyone could have acquaintance with.

There was a legend as to how this clan arose. This legend was said to of been when the clan's deity -the great mountain dog; Okami- took on the form of a handsome man and came down from his home, where the clan now resides, and wondered into a nearby village. There he seduced and fell in love with a normal human woman. However, after promising to be with her forever and live in the village, she died giving birth to the very first Himura.

The Himura's possessed the ears, tail, fangs, six senses of wolves and could summon them as companions. There was never a limit to how many wolves a single Himura could summon. They would usually vary from between two to seven and with each wolf summoned, both the summoning and the summoner would form a life long contract with each other. That would be the forming of a 'pack'. The more wolves in the pack, the stronger the Himura.

The strongest known Himura was the 74th clan leader; Takeo Himura. He was the oldest out of three brothers. He was fierce, loyal and showed incredible strength. His strength was projected through the size of his pack, reaching up to eleven wolves, the largest pack formed in over 200 years. Takeo's father -the 73rd clan leader- decided on having Takeo as his successor.

"Strength is what is most important when you carry the lives of everyone precious to you on your shoulders. Without strength, we would perish." That is what his father told him.

Takeo's youngest brother -Tatsuya Himura- was no warrior but was instead gifted with intelligence, he was the smartest man within the clan. He knew he stood no chance against his older brothers and chose to aid his oldest brother with the job as leader instead of holding resentment towards him. If only all three brothers felt that way. Yuji Himura was a petty man. He would see to no end that he became the clan leader, no matter the cost.

As the years passed, Takeo had become a fine man and was a great leader for the clan. Because of him and the help of his youngest brother, Tatsuya, the Himura's rose up in the rankings at an incredible rate . They now stood in the top five strongest clans in the Land of Fire. They had close working relations with many other clans including the Hyuuga clan. Life was good, peaceful.

One day, Takeo was told he must find himself a wife and produce a worthy heir. None of the fine women withing the clan peeked his interests and all hope had begun to seem lost when out of the blue, a woman with long flowing hair like rich lavender stepped forth. Her name was Setsuko Himura. She was a street performer with a voice gifted by the great deity himself. The two fell in love immediately and within a year, were happily wed and expecting the first pup.

On the night of delivery, the moon hung high in the sky. The whole clan was anticipating the birth of the next heir. However, when the screams of Setsuko finally stopped, Takeo walked out to the waiting clan members and announced the arrival of his children. Two little bundles of joy were sleeping peacefully in his arms. Twins.

Takeo and Setsuko named the eldest daughter Takara Himura and the younger sister Natsuki Himura.

However, lurking in the darkest parts of the castle, was a spiteful old mutt waiting for his chance to attack.

Both the twins were identical in every way; from the small mops of rich lavender hair to their small grey ears and tail. But despite their similarities, there was one noticeable difference between the two princesses. Natsuki was much more frail and weak compared to her older sister.