Don't Listen

"Damn these bags are heavy!!!" I grumble.

It was the middle of the day and the sun was pounding down on me. I was walking home from the grocery store with food and other stuff for the house.

I was about ten minutes away when out of no where I was surrounded and cornered by a large group of girls around my age. Some of them I recognised from the academy while the others were complete strangers.

"Excuse me, but can you step aside and let me get through? I need to get home." I said with my eyes closed annoyed.

Out of nowhere I was slammed into the walk of a building and punched in the face.

"Oi what the fuck's your probl--" I screamed but was cut off by another punch to the face.

"Shut up, bitch! No body give a shit about what you have to say!!" A brunette girl yelled.

"What is this all about?" I growled. That earned me a slap. Both my cheeks were bruised and I was getting beyond angry.

"You're dating Sasuke-kun aren't you??" This time a blonde girl said.

"So what if I am?" I shot them a glare. The blonde sent a knee to my stomach and I curled over and coughed up a bit of blood. I landed on my knees hunched and clutching my stomach.

"What a freak! I can't believe Sasuke-kun would ever think of going out with a monster like you!? Those ears a tail aren't normal!" A bluenette glared and kicked me in the side. I fell onto the ground on my side, a gasp escaped my lips.

"Yeah! You're nothing but a mangy mutt!" Another one said and delivered another kick to my gut.

I lay there in the dirt while the gang of girls beat me up. Punches aimed at my face and chest, kicks delivered to my stomach and names like 'freak', 'monster', 'slut' and many others spat out like they were poison.

My hands tried to shield my head from the blows and tears caught at the corners of my eyes.

I was pined to the ground by the girls who were holding my arms and legs and I felt something cold and sharp touch the skin on my stomach. I let out a scream when the blade pierced my skin and the girl holding it started to carve something into me. A hand slammed over my mouth to silence me and warm tears rushed out my eyes like a wild river.

"Natsuki, what are you doing! Fight back!" Okami's voice echoed in my head, panic and worry laced it.

'N-no, I won't fight them...'

"Why not! They're hurting you! You'll die if you don't stop them!!!"

'I don't care.'

"Natsuki...?"

'These girls are from my village, and my home. And I refuse to fight them. I refuse to let them believe in the monster they all think I am. They can beat me all they want, but I won't raise my fist.'

"Please Natsuki, let me help you. I can't stand seeing you like this."

'No Okami, this is my fight so let me fight it the way I feel is right...'

I heard nothing else from Okami, meaning he respects my decision no matter how much it hurts him.

The beating lasted a few more minutes before the girls grew bored and left snickering.

"If we see you with Sasuke-kun again, next time we'll kill you!" The brunette called back to me and then they all disappeared, leaving me lying on the ground soaked in tears and my own blood.