Prologue

The little brown-haired girl clutched her book of tales close to her chest as her eyes traveled up and down the large steam-train that was docked in Platform 9 and 3/4. Her mind swirled with possibilities of everything that could happen in her next seven years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Who would she meet? Would she find her prince charming? Or would she be destined to be an ugly step-sister? The girl begun to grow nauseous at the thought of everything that could go horribly wrong.

"Belle, dear, you have to board now." Belle's mother urged, her fingers lightly pushing her daughter towards the train. After many minutes of hugging and kissing goodbye, Belle and her parents now stood before the train, waiting. The two parents had let their daughter process everything for a few minutes, but it was beginning to drone on.

"Your mother's right, Belle, its about to leave. We know its a lot and all, but you'll get there. Trust me." Belle's father, smiled, kissing his daughter on the forehead once more before nodding towards the train. Belle sighed, clutching her book tighter before nodding, pushing all the fear and doubt far from her mind. You can do this Belle. You'll be fine.

Belle gave her parents one last nervous grin before stepping onto the train just as the horn sounded from the front. The yells of parents hurrying their children onto the steam-engine became louder, and Belle found herself being pushed into the hallway. She huffed after stumbling to catch her footing, glaring at the boy who had pushed her.

"Sorry." The boy mumbled before pushing past the girl and beginning his search for an empty compartment. Belle rolled her eyes, and went the opposite direction, already feeling lost in the gigantic train. The book in her arms was starting to get heavy, and all she wanted to do was sit and read, a past time Belle had grown to love over the years.

Soon enough, Belle found a compartment with only one other girl, who looked as young as Belle did. She had bright red hair and dazzling green eyes that seemed to radiate happiness and confidence. The girl sat with her legs crossed beneath her, and she too reading a book, but not the type of book Belle enjoyed to read, no, the girl was reading a blasted textbook. Belle crinkled her nose at the book, before knocking  rather loudly on the window. The young girl jumped, her book falling out of her hand and onto the floor. Belle mentally cursed herself, knowing how much she would be annoyed if her book fell, and immediately rushed to pick it up, only to hit heads with the girl who was also reaching for the book. They both lurched back quickly, groaning.

"I'm so sorry. I always manage to hurt someone everywhere I go." Belle sighed, rubbing her aching head.

"It's fine." The girl laughed weakly, copying Belle's actions. "I'm Lily."

"Brielle. But people call me Belle."

"Brielle? Isn't that french?"

"Probably, my mum always wanted to go to Paris." Belle giggled back, and before they knew it, the two had forgotten their aching foreheads and begun a conversation, together, on the floor of the train compartment, both eager to start their magical lives at Hogwarts.

-- -- -- --

Both Lily and Belle groaned at the school uniform they were now both wearing.

"I feel exposed." Belle sighed, pulling her skirt down as far as it would let her. Lily did the same, buttoning the top button of her robes together and fixing the hood.

"Its a skirt, Belle, not a pair of knickers." Lily shook her head, her hands on her hips as she glanced at Belle, who was struggling to fix her tie.