Chapter 4

It had been three weeks since Belle and Remus had fallen asleep in each others' company, and their friends had not stopped harassing them about it. Whether it was making hearts with their hands when they sat next to each other in Transfiguration, or the girls' constant questions about whether Belle liked Remus, they always seemed to relate the topic to the pair. Both of the children told their friends it was gross and to not bring it up again.

Many would expect this to drive the children apart, but instead it drove them closer together, which of course fueled the fire of the teasing. They sat together everywhere, and were often found joking and laughing in the hallways. They sent notes back and forth during classes, almost always about something silly as what shoe brand was the others' favorite. They were easily developing into good friends.

Belle hadn't failed to take notice of the sickness that seemed to overcome Remus every once and a while. Every time she grew concerned for her friend, but Remus assured her it was just tiredness. Belle believed it at first, but soon she started to become skeptical. Being tired didn't injure you, and Remus always showed up to classes after the sick daze, scratched with droopy eyelids. She thought about confronting him, but she didn't want potentially ruin the closeness they had developed. She considered him and Lily her best friends, and she didn't want to damage any of her relationships with anyone.

Belle, after handing her bag over to the staff managing the luggage, entered the train, ready to depart back home for Christmas. She had yet to say goodbye to her friends, as they were all going to see each other on the train. She pushed through older years crowding around the door, deciding to go left first. She walked for a bit, peeking into compartments every now and then when she heard boisterous yelling from a compartment a little ways down. Belle let the grin overcome her face, it had to be them.

She opened the compartment, spotting James and Sirius on the floor, James holding Sirius in a headlock, Sirius pulling back James' leg. They both paused when the door slid open, smiling up at the brunette in front of them.

"Hello, Brielle." Sirius grinned, before pulling the boy's leg back even further. James yelped, digging his knuckles into Sirius's head. Belle laughed, climbing over the pair to sit next to Remus.

"Do I want to know how this happened?" She giggled, eyeing the two.

"No." Remus and Peter both answer at once, both holding similar grins.

"Is Belle in here- good heavens." The red-headed girl gasped once she saw the two.

"Hello, Evans." Sirius grinned again, wincing when Jame's knuckles came down upon his head a second time.

"Boys," She scoffed, before glancing at the calm ones in their chairs, "No offense."

"Too late." Peter snickered.

"Where's the other girls?" Belle asked Lily, turing to face her.

"Eileen dragged Rose off to see her sister in Hufflepuff."

"How'd you escape?" Belle giggled. Lily looked at the boys quickly, before leaning in towards Belle, cupping her hands over the brunette's ear. Remus tried his best not to eavesdrop, but it was too tempting. He still didn't manage to catch what Lily said. Belle gaped at Lily after the whispers were shared, before laughing. Lily's face turned a shade of pink, but smiled anyways.

"Oh, Lily, you've screwed yourself." Belle clutched her sides, tears escaping her brown eyes.

"Do you think so?" Lily chuckled, crossing her legs under her.

"Yes. You know Eileen."

"It was the first thing I could think of." Lily said.

"I can tell."