Chapter 8

"Please."

"No."

"But I said please!"

"But I said no!"

These are how conversations between both James and Lily and Belle and Sirius went for the weeks following Spring holiday. James and Sirius lacked taking notes during classes, so now during revision time and studying for end of the year exams they spent their evenings walking from student to student asking for notes. They would often accompany Belle and Remus to the library, pretending to study with them only to copy off their papers.

"Sirius, no means no." Belle sighed, nearly throwing her quill into the ink pot. Remus watched the two with an amused grin as his two friends bickered. Even though he was becoming more exhausted each day and less up to adventuring as the Full Moon neared, he still enjoyed spending time with his friends. He was going to miss them during summer, when he would be going through the transformations alone.

Well, more alone.

"How about I never prank you again, ever?" Sirius begged, grabbing Belle's hands when she tried to smack him.

"Are you going to keep that promise?"

"Probably not."

The scruffy boy cringed, ducking as a book soared next to where his head was. "You were going to hit me!"

"Good observation." She deadpanned, piling her papers together.

"C'mon Remus, tell her, I deserve the help!"

"Where'd you get that idea?" Remus raised his brows, tilting his head. Belle noticed he did that often when he teased or played around. Whether it was subconscious or not, Belle didn't know.

"Well, I am Sirius Black."

Belle stared at Sirius for a few moments, eyes narrowed and arms crossed.

"What is she doing, Rem?" Sirius asked nervously when the girl had yet to speak after a few minutes.

"I have no clue." Remus said, confused yet entertained.

Then, with one swift motion, she stood, wrapping her arms around all of her belonging and strutting out of the library where they'd been working. Both boys watched her go before Sirius turned back to Remus.

"No denying she's a funny girl, that Belle."

-- -- -- -- --

Belle's head rested on the cool History of Magic table as everyone waited for Professor Binns to arrive. She'd already had three exams and they'd went surprisingly well, as she hadn't forgotten anything. Of course, these exams were child's play compared to the O.W.L. or N.E.W.T. exams. Oh how she dreaded her upper years.

"Tired?" Lily Evans asked as she took a seat next to Belle. Her red-hair was perfectly smooth and her face was calm and collected.

"Of course, how are you not? All we've been doing for the past day or so are exams, exams, and more bloody exams!"

"We did this every year in muggle school." She shrugged, placing her books on the desk neatly.

"But you were like, younger than eleven!" Belle's eyes widened.

"They weren't as bad as these ones, but they still stressed me out." She laughed, brushing away the hair that had fallen into her eyes.

"Afternoon, Ladies." Sirius Black greeted from his table behind the two girls.