Chapter 5

One of the positives of being friends with Sirius and James meant their compartment was always easy to find. This time, the boys were playing a loud game of exploding snap before the train even took off. Many of the older years looked at the compartment with disdain as they passed. Belle slid open the compartment door, her book clutched in her arm yet again. It was the same book she'd been reading all break, and she hadn't been able to put it down yet.

"Hey, Belle." Remus smiled, scooting closer to Peter to let the girl sit next to him. She took a seat, crossing her legs beneath her while she still had the comfort of pants on, instead of the dreadful uniform skirt.

"Bonjour." Belle giggled. "How was everyone's Christmas?"

"Great!" James boasted, keeping his eyes trained on his cards. "I got a really cool thing over break."

"A thing?"

"Yep." 

Belle looked toward Remus who shrugged, not knowing either.

"Okay then, what about you guys?"

"Uneventful." Remus grinned, leaning back onto his seat. "Just how I like it." 

Belle grinned back at him, before directing her gaze towards Peter. "You, Peter?"

"Good, thanks for asking." She nodded at him, and finally turned to Sirius who was avoiding her gaze.

"Sirius?"

"Oh, it was fine I guess." He shrugged, looking out the window. Belle frowned, but noticed his want to drop the subject, so she did.

"My mother got sick on Christmas." She admitted, looking more towards Remus than the others.

"I'm sorry, Belle." The four chorused.

"It's fine, doctor said it was from too much movement, but I don't believe that. You know that tugging feeling at the back of your mind that makes you doubt everything?"

"Nope." James and Sirius said in unison, smiling wide.

"What'd you expect?" Peter chuckled, scribbling on a parchment. Belle noticed it was a late Potions essay assigned over break. She turned back to Remus who was now laughing hysterically at some joke James had made, but she missed. With one more glance around the cabin, she shook her head, standing. She needed to find the girls, more for her sanity than anything else.

"Boys."

-- -- -- -- --

"I am so flipping done with all this homework!" Rose exclaimed, letting her head fall back onto her pillow. The girls were all huddled in their dorm, trying to catch up with their homework. Even Lily, who's always on top of things, was swarmed in books, her hair frizzy and flying everywhere as she scratched out a segment of her essay she wrote wrong.

"I have to agree." The red-head sighed, throwing the paper across the room that was now stained with smudged ink. "This is all a bit much."

"You think?" Belle sighed, picking up her hair into a ponytail. It was a beautiful Saturday morning, one you hardly see in February. The girls all knew that they were doing themselves a favor by doing their homework now rather than later, but they all craved to be outside like the Marauders had chosen to do. Rose and Belle had offered to study with them, but Lily quickly stormed off when James started outright laughing in her face. Now, they were crammed in their cold dorm, trying so badly to focus even though their minds had been turned to mush by the recent dog-pile of work.

"Have any of you even started on the Charms essay?" Eileen whispered weakly form where she'd collapsed on the floor after trying to decipher a page of moons and stars. "Cause I haven't."

"No." All three girls responded, all feeling very weighed down by the assignment they all seemed to have forgotten. Belle shook her head, standing up. She begun to neaten all her things, the other girls watching her like hawks. She placed her things on the floor, pulling her comforter back, cleaning up her bed.

"Uh, Belle, not to rain on your parade or anything, but Spring cleaning isn't for another month or so." Eileen chuckled, her head propped onto her hands. Belle didn't answer, yet kept cleaning off her bed, in a sort of cleaning trance. The girls looked around at each other, confused and dazzled.

"I think she's broken." Rose whispered, clearing a spot for her to stand form her bed, ready to tackle Belle if she did anything stupid. "Belle, if you can hear me blink twice." Belle cast the girl a glance, making Rose sigh of relief.

"It's okay, guys, she blinked twice." Lily reached over and smacked the girl on the back of the head, giggling slightly. Suddenly, Belle's bed was clear, and the girl took a moment before climbing onto her bed, standing fully upright. Her head almost touched the banister, but it didn't seem to bother the brunette. She was silent for a second, before a large smile overtook her features.

"I been cheated by you since I don't know when

So I made up my mind, it must come to an end."

The girls gasped, clapping their hands and laughing, before Rose stood up. She too stood on her bed, making Eileen and Lily cheer. Belle grinned, nodding at her friend to continue.

"Look at me now, will I ever learn?

I don't know how but I suddenly lose control

There's a fire within my soul."

Eileen looked back and forth between her friends before standing up too, leaping over her pile of books surrounding her. She stood up on her bed, and begun belting the song as well.

"Just one look and I can hear a bell ring,"

All three girls looked towards Lily, who sat smiling up at them. Her smile dropped, however, when she saw the girls looking at her.

"Oh- I don't sing, really."

"C'mon Lily!"

"You can do it Lils!"

"Just let go!" Lily looked around before standing up, rolling her eyes playfully.

"One more look and I forget everything!"

"Mamma mia, here I go again

My my, how can I resist you?

Mamma mia, does it show again

My my, just how much I've missed you?" The girls sign together, grinning and dancing around on their beds. It didn't take long before footsteps came pattering up to the door. The door slammed open and there stood the Female Gryffindor Prefect, arms crossed, her face stern.

"What do you all think you're doing?" She hissed, her face red with annoyance. "Everyone can bloody here you!"

"Sorry." The girls murmured, getting down from their beds, the smiles still never leaving their faces. The prefect shook her head, turning to leave, mumbling to herself as she went.

"The year I become prefect is the year we get all the troublemakers..." The girls waited until her footsteps disappeared before bursting out into laughter.

"Us, the bookworm, the know-it-all, the Lady, and the- uh..." Eileen confused herself "What exactly am I?"

"The weirdo." Rose snorted, causing a smack to the face.

"The bookworm, the know-it-all, the Lady, and the weirdo." Belle repeated.

"So fitting."

AN: Fun little filler chapter thats not technically correct as Mamma Mia didn't come out until 1975 but idgaf 'cause this was fun for me to write.