Chapter 11

Platform 9 and 3/4 was as bustling as it was last year, children running back and forth, everything still the same as it was before. Except, Belle did not arrive with both her parents, and she did not carry the same nervousness she did her first time. She was completely confident, mostly because she knew she had her friends to fall on if something happened. Plus, she was more than eager to see Remus and Lily who she hadn't seen for two months.

She said hello to the few people outside her friend group she knew well, waving to a few acquaintances, before turning around to her dad. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here and that immediately decreased Belle's mood. She looked up at her father, his eyes distant and off elsewhere.

"I love you papa. Let me know about Mum, okay?" 

Benjamin smiled at his only child. He was so proud of her. She'd stayed strong when he didn't. She stayed with Colette when he didn't. She took care of herself when he didn't. He was such a terrible father.

"Have a great time, Brielle, okay? And remember, m-"

"Make good memories. I know papa. See you at Christmas." The girl hugged her father tightly, letting him kiss her head before she turned around and went to drop off her trunk. She waved at him once more before she disappeared into the train, departing for another collection of months.

"So grown up." He whispered to himself, shaking his head as he apparated out, for another boring day of paperwork at the Ministry.

-- -- -- -- --

Belle didn't have to search the train for long. She had only taken five steps into the hallway when an arm yanked her back into a carriage. She didn't have to ask who it was; the high-pitched voices gave it all away.

"Belle! How was your summer?" Rose greeted, pulling the girl into a hug.

 Before she could get a good look at anyone, she was pulled into a circle of hugs from the girls. After the final hug with Lily she stepped back, looking at them.

They had all changed a bit, growing taller and thinner, most of the baby fat in their cheeks had disappeared. Lily's hair was much longer and seemed to be a brighter hue of red. It now looked mildly orange from time spent in the sun. Eileen had somehow gotten more tan, now having a golden tone instead of a normal tan. Her eyes seemed brighter and her face had slimmed out considerably. Rose had grown too and had 'matured' more than any of the other girls.

Belle had changed, but not as drastically as the other girls. She'd grown an inch taller, now reaching 5 feet instead of 4'11. Her hair had darkened, and she'd thinned out, making her much more lean and lanky than she already was. Belle frowned noticing that all the girls had gotten much better looking, when she stayed exactly the same.

"It was okay." Bene shrugged, not wanting to go into details.

"Just okay?" Eileen raised her eyebrows, not believing Belle's nonchalant attitude.

"Yep."

"Okay then." The girls laughed, all taking seats.

"Have any of you seen the boys yet?" Rose asked, looking from each girl to the next.

"No, have you?" Lily sighed.

"I saw James on the platform, and he's a bloody giant now!" She stated with wide eyes. She held her hand way above her head, "He's like up here."

"I doubt that." Lily snorted, crossing her legs under her. Belle copied the girls actions, pulling the book out from her carry on purse and flipping to her page.