Chapter 36

A/N: 

Before this chapter starts, I just want to say thank you and that I love you guys so much! Every single comment is appreciated and makes me smile! I never thought this book would ever get 14.8 K READS(honestly I got really busy and took a tiny break from Wattpad, and when I came back I had gained like 2K reads) nor did I think I was going to go past 20 chapters. Now I'm almost at 40 Chapters and only through Year 4, so you guys can expect at least another 30 more chapters-- AT LEAST. Again, thank you so much for being such an amazing little community :)  

I'm thinking about starting another fic, either a Bellamy Blake one bc I recently binged the 100 and I'm now OBSESSED or a Richie Tozier fic bc I love Finn Wolfhard and the IT cast in general

Anyways, onto the chapter!

-Hannah

It had been 10 days since Belle's accident in the Great Hall and talk of her passing out had fully dwindled out of the gossip system. Talk of her and Sirius had also begun to fade but some jealous girls still spread vicious rumors when they could. Belle found herself enjoying her time at Hogwarts again, now that Sirius and her had gone back their normal banter and classes had returned to normal.

Sirius and Belle were officially dating now, their news completely public to the ears of Hogwarts. Of course, Belle had quite a few new enemies around the castle, including Cynthia Wilkes and her gang of Slytherins. Belle still wasn't sure why Wilkes was so angry at her, especially if she claims to not be jealous. It doesn't matter for now considering she hasn't done anything yet, but when she does, Belle will be ready.

"Belle..."

Remus watched Belle, from where he sat behind her, stare out of the window, completely ignoring Professor McGonagall's lecture. He nudged the back of her chair with his foot but Belle did not stir. Instead she moved her head onto her hand, blinking slowly. With a grimace Remus leaned back in his chair, hoping that McGonagall didn't turn her head in this direction for the rest of the period, at least until Belle snapped out of it.

"What's wrong with Belle?" James whispered as Remus leaned back.

The boy shrugged, jotting down a few words of the lecture onto his parchment.

"No clue, but she seems dazed."

"I reckon it's about Sirius," James chuckled, using his quill to make circular patterns on his notes. He barely had anything written down, as Remus always shared his notes with the boys after lectures, and if Remus didn't give them the notes, Belle or Rose would.

"I reckon she has a lot on her mind..." Remus murmured under his breath, jotting down a few more words. James frowned, noticing the harsh tone in Remus' voice. The be-speckled boy narrowed his eyes as he thought about why this strange hostile tone accompanied his friend's dialogue when the dots finally clicked.

"No..." James gaped, his eyes darting between Remus and Belle. "There's no way..."

"What?" Remus asked, befuddled, his eyes darting up from his paper.

"Please tell me you don't..."

"James, I have no bloody clue what you're—"

"Tell me you don't like Belle." He sighed, ducking his head as McGonagall's eyes passed over them.

Remus's breath hitched in his throat. "Have you gone mad?"

"Mate, tell me you don't like her."

"I don't like her."

James huffed as Remus avoided his eyes. "I won't be mad, Rem. I just want to know. I mean, I should've seen it coming-"