I am not dead.

So...

Hi.

I'm sure this is a huge surprise, as most of you, including myself, never thought another update would surface from my profile again . It's been more than a year since I last updated, and honestly, my life has changed so much from when I started writing this book two years ago. I was young, optimistic, and had a ton of time on my hands. But the busier my life got, the less I thought about rose petals, and soon my passion for writing completely faded away. Other factors, like relationships, musicals, plays, AP tests, and enjoying my last summer in high school didn't allow me much time to do what I loved, and it hadn't hit me until a few days ago.

Re-reading my story was difficult, as it not only made me realize how many mistakes, plot-holes, and discrepancies my story had, but it also made me realize what I had given up. I had lost my passion, one that I once loved more than anything else. To say I had a life-crisis is an understatement. The spark that had faded lit once more, and my desire to fix this story overpowered my embarrassment for letting this story, this plot, and these characters die out.

To say that I'm as passionate as I once was is silly, but I am working to be on that path once more, and I figured why not start with something familiar, which is rose petals. 

I've been brainstorming ideas and completely rewriting my story, because the more I read of it the more cringe worthy it gets (let's not talk about my misspelling of Severus), and I sincerely hope to create a much better, less plot-hole ridden story that both you and I can enjoy.

I deeply apologize for my absence. As a reader, it is so frustrating when a book you've read for so long suddenly doesn't have an end and you're forced to leave unsatisfied and moody.  So, to my readers who have read the entire book and had to leave unsatisfied, I am so sorry. Hopefully you will read the new version of this story when it comes out, and I promise it will be more satisfying then this mess.

I can't promise that my new story will be good, or that it will be here quickly, as I have to rewrite everything and completely restart, but I can promise you I will put all my effort into it and I won't let my passion die again.

Thank you all so much, and I'm so glad to be back.

-Hannah