Chapter||4

We made it there in seven minutes because I sped, and ran a few red lights. It was dangerous, and Cal and Hallie were yelling at me to slow down, while Jace opened the sun roof and stuck his head out of the window.

Like a dog.

Cal ran up the steps, smoothed his hair back, tightened his grip on the flowers, and rang the doorbell by 5:59.

He stood outside for a minute before the door opened reluctantly, and out stepped a man with jet black hair. He looked at Cal sternly and then brought him inside.

I assumed that was Lacy's dad, and he was having the father talk with Cal. Cute.

Ten minutes later, Cal and Lacy stepped outside hand in hand and got into the car.

"Where are we going Callie?" Hallie asked.

"To Maria's, Hallie." Cal replied.

Maria's was named after Sebastian's grandma. They had considered calling it Blanco's which was their last name, before Maria died. Then Mr. Blanco, Sebastian's dad, decided on Maria's after his mother.

"Oh I love that place!" Lacy said.

She was pretty, with long dark hair and a light dotting of freckles across her face. Her eyes were a vibrant green, and she seemed sweet.

"Do they have salad and meat?" Jace asked me.

"Probably." I replied.

Cal, Lacy, and Hallie had a conversation behind us as I drove. I told Sebastian to put the reservation in under the name Cal Johnson.

When we got there, a professional looking waiter asked Jace, "Cal Johnson?" Jace shook his head and pointed behind him to his brother.

"Ah, follow me sir and miss" The waiter said to Cal and Lacy.

They were lead through the restaurant, and up the winding spiral stairs to the roof.

"Fancy." Jace remarked.

"Table for three?" Asked a familiar voice.

It was Sebastian's older sister, Clara.

She looked at me with a smirk as I replied, "Yes."

After she sat us down at a table in the middle of the restaurant where the moon shone down, I glared at her. There were four tables in the restaurant like this, and Sebastian and Clara called them the romantic tables.

"Very funny Clara." I said.

"When did this happen?" She asked pouting, and pointing  between me and Jace, "And you had a kid? Jeez, I've only been gone for three years. You didn't even call to tell me?" She said jokingly.

"He's one of the kids I babysit." I replied smiling at her. I hugged her.

"Hey! I'm 18!" Jace protested. "And I'm single." He added winking at Clara.

She sneered in disgust. She was a junior in college. "Lex, keep you're boyfriend on a tighter leash."

"Whatever." I said with a smile as I sat down across from Jace and next to Hallie. "What do you want for dinner sweetie?" I asked.

"Quesadilla!" She shouted. "Chicken on half."

"And what about you sweetheart?" I asked Jace in a fake sugary voice.

"Shut up." He replied broodingly.

Sebastian's older brother, Marcos, came to take our drink orders. I stood up to hug him. "Hey M! Haven't seen you in forever!" I said as I threw my arms around his neck.