Chapter||15

When I got home, it was after 9 o'clock.

Tyler met me at the door concerned, "Why aren't you with the Johnsons?"

"I don't think I'm going to be working for them anymore," I explained.

"Why?" He asked cautiously, "did that no good son of a bitch touch you?"

"No," I replied, maybe a bit too quickly., "I have to call Ms. Johnson in the morning and tell her I'm quitting."

"But why?" Tyler pushed.

"Jace and I had a fight it's not that big of a deal," I assured him.

"If it's not a big deal then why'd you leave?" Tyler pointed out.

"Ok, maybe it was kind of a big deal, but it doesn't matter, I'm here now." I sighed, realizing he was close to getting the truth out of me. "Let's just have a movie night."

"Sure." Tyler agreed happily. Sometimes having a brother with a short attention span was nice.

I opened my phone and drafted a quick text to Lily as Tyler made popcorn.

'Hey.'

She replied almost immediately. 'Hey. Do me a favor and tell Jace I hate him.'

'Why? And me too.'

'Well one, for stealing my best friend, and two what did that lil' fucker do?' Lily replied and I stifled a laugh. Tyler shot me a glance and I flashed a thumbs up sign back.

'He kissed my forehead and then I kissed him back'

'OMG so happy for you!' She texted back.

'No! Not good!'

'Why? You two obviously like each other.'

'Lily I don't know what you're on, but Jace is a bigger player than my brother'

After I sent that, I looked over at Tyler who was on Tinder, "Tyler West, you're too young to be on Tinder," I scolded him.

"You've been spending way too much time watching those kids Lex," Tyler said and poked my stomach knowing that I'm ticklish.

"STOP IT YOURE SO ANNOYING," I exclaimed and slapped his arm away.

"Ya know ya love me," Tyler smirked and went back to swiping left.

'He's changed Lex, you two are perfect for each other. Stop hiding your feelings!'

Seeing Lily say that too made my stomach flip.

"Ugh," I said out loud and put my phone down, ignoring her last text, "So what are we watching?"

"It's up to you," Tyler said putting his phone down.

"How bout The Avengers?" I suggested.

"Okay sounds good," Tyler agreed and then got up to get the remote.

We rented the movie and by the time it was finished, it was past midnight, "We should get to bed, we have school in the morning."

"Okay mom," Tyler remarked sarcastically.

"Haha," I mocked and grabbed his arm and pulled him off the couch.