Chapter||35

It was 11:30 pm and both Cal and Hallie were both upstairs in bed.

Jace was tutoring me in calculus and the tension between us was starting to grow.

We were sitting on the couch. My legs were crossed with the textbook in my lap and Jace was sitting next to me comfortably.

When we finished studying Jace put his arm around me and pulled me closer. I adjusted my hips, and was now almost in his lap. He put his hand on my thigh and started to slowly make his way upward. I grabbed his hair and pulled his face closer to mine.

I was desperate for his lips.

Our lips collided together and hungrily began to move in sync with each other.

His hands were now at the brim of my shorts. "Jace..." I whispered slowly.

"Right, sorry." He said and shifted. I rolled off of him and moved to sit next to him on the couch.

"I have to get home." I smirked at him as he groaned.

"Babe," he whined.

"My parents are leaving town tomorrow so I promised I would spend the night at home.... plus Hallie and Cal are just upstairs, and this is your living room!"  I laughed.

"Fine," He pouted, "Goodnight Lex, love you."

"Love you too," I said and kissed him on the cheek.

I got in my car and drove home, not expecting anyone to be awake. But Tyler was sleeping on the couch in the living room. He quickly jolted awake.

"Hey Lex, what's up?" He asked with a dreary smile.

"Hey Ty?" I replied slightly confused.

"Just wanted to let you know we have to leave kind of early tomorrow morning. I have something I need to do at school.

"I have to go to the Johnson's tomorrow though." I answered.

"But Jace-" Tyler stopped talking abruptly.

"Jace what?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

My phone dinged in my hand, letting me know I had a text message.

'Hey Lex, you don't need to come over tmrw morning... I got it covered ;)"

"Huh," I said, "that's really weird." I shrugged and started upstairs, expecting Ty to follow, but he had already fallen back asleep.

"Ty!" I shouted quietly, "Go to bed."

"He glared at me sleepily and got up, stumbling toward the steps and almost falling.

I put my arm under him and lifted him around my shoulders. "My god, you're such a child." I joked and he just smiled.

I helped him up the stairs and into his room before going and taking a quick shower before bed.

I brushed out my hair, and sat on my bed when my phone vibrated again.

'Hey Lex, can you and Ty pick me up tmrw'

It was from Lily.

'How'd you know I was going with Ty?'

'Uhhh he told me.'

'I didn't know you two talk'

I was starting to get suspicious about Lily and Tyler talking until I got distracted buy a text from Jace.

'Goodnight babe, I love you.'

'love you too.'

I sighed as I went back to messages with Lily. She had replied.

'I was asking him about homework and he told me.'

I sighed as I turned off my phone, fell back on my bed, and fell asleep.

...

I woke up at 8:00 to Tyler hitting me with a pillow, "Lexi! Wake up! We have to leave in 5 minutes!"

I jolted awake, threw on a pair of leggings and Jace's soccer hoodie, and grabbed a banana and a granola bar.

Tyler and I were rushing to school, me feeding him bites of his apple as he drove, and simultaneously eating a banana.

We reached Lily's at 8:17 and she hopped in the car, "Drive drive drive!" She shouted as if we were in an action movie.

Tyler sped off down the street toward the school.

We made it with two minutes to spare and ran inside. I was running through the hallway to my class which of course was at the back of the school when I rounded a corner and crashed into someone- hard.

"I am so-" I looked up in surprise to see my boyfriend standing in front of me with slightly squished roses and some of the soccer team standing behind him with a sign that spelled out
P-R-O-M-?

"Oh my gosh, Jace," I squealed and laughed as I threw myself into his arms.

"How do you know this is for you?" He teased as he hugged me back.

I just hit him on the shoulder and giggled. "This is so sweet!"

"So is that a yes?" He asked cheekily and kissed me on the head.

I pulled back to look at him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Lexi." He replied, "More than you know."

I couldn't help but wonder what would happen after graduation. Would we break up like we said we would? Would we try to bear the distance and break up? Would we make it? Would he move on with another girl and go back to his player ways? Would I ever find a love like this again.

I didn't let him see my inner turmoil through my smile, and I just tried to enjoy the day, but those thoughts plagued me the whole time.

I wanted to try to make it after high school, but did Jace?

He asked me to Prom, and texted me every night to tell me he loves me, but is it real?

It has to be real. Because I don't know what I'd do without him.