Chapter||34

Hey babes, Ik it's been soooo soo long since the last update but we've just been rlly busy. I hope u enjoy chapter 34 and I hope to get 35 out soon.

commenst and votes === faster updates !!!!!!

Thanks for reading <3

———————

The next morning I made sure that Cal and I got to school a little bit earlier so I could see Tyler ask Amy to prom.

There was a small crowd around Tyler when I finally found him. He was a pretty big deal, and everyone had their phones ready to film his promposal.

I pushed my way through the small group and when I got to Tyler he hugged me. He looked nervous, but still managed to maintain his usual smirk, "wish me luck, not that I'll need it though."

"Go get her," I said and playfully pushed him. A few minutes later, Amy approached the crowd. Tyler slowly walked over to her, entourage in tow.

He held up the poster and read it to he and handed her a bouquet. She was all smiles as she said yes and hugged him. Cameras were flashing and people were commenting, but all I could focus on was Ty and he way his face lit up when she said yes.

After we made eye contact, I gave him a thumbs up and went off to class.

...

In my Calc class, my teacher was handing back tests that we took last week.

When she got to me, she looked at it, and then turned the paper upside down and set it on my desk.

That's never good.

Bracing myself, I picked it up to take a look.

A 71.

Well shit.

I sighed as I flipped though to see what I got wrong. Damn, there was a lot of red pens.

I'm really going to need Jace to tutor me again. The only problem is that it's not the same as it used to be. Jace is my now boyfriend and it's going to be embarrassing to ask him for help.

I rolled my eyes and shoved the paper in the bag. When the bell rang I jumped up out of my seat and was one of the first people out of the room.

I walked through the hallway in a bad mood. I needed to go to my locker to grab my physics book, and when I got there I was relieved to see Jace waiting for me.

"Hey babe," he mumbled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey," I replied and looked up at his face. "What's wrong?"

"I just got into a fight," he said with a dazed expression.

"What?" I asked worriedly "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm ok... I just got out of he principal's office."

I just stared at him in bewilderment "What happened?"

"My old dealer and a couple of his junky friends approached me and said I owed them money and..."

"Hold up... dealer?" I asked sternly.

"Yeah, before I met you I wasn't the same person. I was into that stuff, but I'm not anymore. That's why I got into the fight" Jace explained calmly, "I was leaving the locker room and they jumped me."

"Are you ok?" I asked, putting a hand up to his face.

"Yeah I'm fine, my friend stepped in before they got me with the knife."

My mouth dropped and I was speechless for a few seconds. I finally whispered, "Oh my God, he had a knife?"

"Yeah, but no one got hurt it's ok" he tried to reassure me.

I didn't know what else to do, so I leaned over and embraced him. "I'm just glad you're ok."

"Yeah me too, it could have been ugly."

I opened my locker and grabbed the book that I needed. I kissed Jace on the cheek before I left "Bye, see you after school," I called behind me.

...

The rest of the day I was completely frazzled.

I couldn't get over how Jace's dealer tried to have him jumped.

That whole sentence made my stomach churn. Nothing sounded right about it.

When school was over I took Cal back home and picked up Hallie. Today she had a makeup soccer game, so I took her to the field.

Jace was already waiting with the other coach. I walked Hallie over and then made my way over to the stands.

I was on my phone texting Sebastian when someone sat down next to me. I looked up to see a boy about my age, with short blonde hair. If I was being honest, he was pretty attractive.

"Hey," he said smoothly as if he knew me.

"Hi?" I questioned defensively.

"I'm Josh," he said and stuck a hand out.

"Alexis," I answered skeptically as I shook his hand.

"I've seen you at a few of these games. Do you have a sibling on the team?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"No, I babysit for a girl though."

"Who?"

"Hallie Johnson," I said matter of factly.

"Isn't she the one with the brother who coaches?" He questioned.

"Yeah," I answered with a smile creeping on my lips "He's my boyfriend."

"Really? he seems pretty intense," Josh said with a furrowed brow. When he didn't say anything else, I asked: "Do you have a sibling on the team?"

"Yeah my little sister plays, her name is Stacy," he said in a cheery tone.

We continued to chat until the game started. Pretty soon we had both begun to cheer. Whenever Hallie got the ball I would start shouting and Josh would do the same with his sister.

Soon the game was over, so Josh and I walked over to the field. Hallie came running over to me excited to have won the game. "Nice job Hallie" I said with a huge smile.

Jace was close behind and noticed Josh who had just gone to go get his sister. Jace walked over to me and planted a kiss straight on my lips. He was obviously jealous.

I knew this because right after he immediately looked in Josh's direction with pure victory in his eyes.

I let out a sigh as we walked up to the car.