Chapter||24

Is this a double update I see????

How about we aim for ten comments till the next chapter. (bonus points if you comment with the words chicken tenders)

Enjoy my Lovelies!

"Mom? Dad?" I asked when I got home.

"Alexis!!!"My mom shouted as she threw her arms around me.

She was so short and slim, but she had one hell of a hug.

My dad came around the corner shortly after her and threw his arms around us both.

"How have you been sweetie?" My mom asked sweetly.

"Fine. How was the case?" I asked.

"Long. Very long." My dad answered, ruffling my hair.

"And we missed you and Tyler so much." My mom cooed.

"I missed you guys too, but remember when I told you about how I was babysitting for the Johnson's?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes..." My dad answered, his brow furrowed "You never told us how it was going. Is the oldest boy treating you ok? I hear he's bad news."

What.

Do I tell them about jace and me?

What will his reaction be?

Oh boy definitely not.

"Oh he's really not that bad. He's actually really sweet," I assured my parents.

"It looks like the Johnson boy has our daughter wrapped around his finger," My dad chuckled with my mom, "I don't trust him, how much time do you spend at that place anyways?"

"Uhh I usually spend the nights and..." I was cut off. The smile wiped clean off my dad's face. "You're spending the night at their house?"

"Yeah, it just makes it so much easier for me to get the kids ready for school in the morning, and I sleep in the guest bedroom, and I promise I'm responsible."

"Dan, honey, give her a break." Mom said.

"Lola dear, I'm just making sure that-"

"No dan, no buts. Lexi is very trustworthy. It's Tyler you should worry about."

"Tyler isn't like that anymore mom." I sighed.

"Oh does he have a girlfriend now?" Mom asked.

"No..." I still need to talk to Ben for whatever Tyler needed.... that could definitely wait.

"Exactly my point." Mom said defiantly.

"Do you know what college this Johnson boy is going to? And I want to meet all of the kids considering you live their now" My dad continued.

"We haven't really talked about colleges. And I can bring the family over tonight if you want."

"We would love that," My mom said answering for the both of them.