Chapter||29

magic update word: chicken tenders

When I got home, I made a beeline for the stairs, and flopped straight on my bed. Not even seconds later, I heard a knock at my door, and a millisecond later it opened.

"Lexi?" Tyler asked quietly, "Are you okay- wait- do I need to go kick Johnson's ass, cause I can do that."

I lifted my head out of my pillow, "No, we just had a disagreement. His dad is coming into town tomorrow, and he wants to take a break for the weekend and then get back together after his dad is gone, but I know how he feels about his dad, and his mom is out of town, and he needs someone to be there for him." I said slowly.

"Well Lex, maybe he doesn't want you to have to meet his dad, or he doesn't want you to see him when he's around his dad." Tyler reasoned.

"But Ty, he's supposed to let me be there for him through the good and the bad."

"Lexi, you're not married. You're just in high school, and Jace loves you. If he doesn't want you to meet his dad, it's probably for the best."

"Tyler's right, Lex." Kade said. I looked up and saw him in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I got let out of the hospital." He said cheerfully.

"And you're supposed to be resting, dude." Tyler said, "Get in bed."

Kade walked towards us and flopped down on my bed. "I'm in bed."

"Idiot." Tyler mumbled.

"Say it again." Kade challenged.

"Id-"

"Tyler no. Kade, you need to rest, and Tyler stop provoking him." I scolded.

"Damn, sis. Taking care of those kids has changed you." Kade teased.

"You're telling me." Tyler sighed.

"See, sometimes I miss the West sibling hangouts, but then you two always try to roughhouse." I muttered as Tyler poked me in the side. I slapped him on the shoulder and he pretended like I'd stabbed him.

"Oh my gosh, I'm dying." He moaned and rolled off my bed and onto the floor.

"Get up you goon." Kade laughed.

I shook my head at my brother and laughed, "I can't believe you sometimes."

Tyler got back on the bed and laid in between Kade and I. We were just sitting there in silence and staring up at the glow in the dark phosphorus stars on my ceiling when Kade asked, "So Tyler, gotten drunk in any pools lately?"

"Oh shut up, Kade." Tyler mumbled as he grabbed a throw pillow from my bed and put it under his head.

"You don't wanna know, big bro." I mumbled as well, recalling when Jace thought Tyler and I were dating. The day where everything started. I was so caught up in memories, I didn't notice myself falling asleep...

~~~~~~~~~~

"Awww look how cute they are." Someone cooed.

"Honey, you're gonna wake them up." Another voice said softer.