Chapter||12

Where are y'all from?? Can you guess where we are from based on our word choice?;)

When I woke up, Jace was still sleeping on the floor next to Cal's bed.

This is the first time I woke up and Jace was still there... which reminded me that Jace had soccer.

I got up off the floor and then walked over to him "Jace, get up, you're late."

"I am?" He asked in a husky morning voice and pulled out his phone. As soon he saw the time his mouth dropped "Shit," he muttered.

"Maybe you can still make it. if you go get dressed really fast..." I rambled.

"Its okay," Jace smirked, "I don't think coach will kick his star played off the team for missing one practice.

"Its not even 6:30, and you're already cocky," Cal butted in with a smirk, now that he was awake. Naturally, Jace threw his pillow at cal, so I left before it turned into a 'pillow fight'.

I went into Hal's room and woke her up before going downstairs to make breakfast. I fried some bacon and eggs and set them out on the table "Breakfast!" I yelled up the stairs and Cal, Hal, and Jace all came trotting down.

<><><><><><>

"What are we waiting for?" Cal asked as we sat in the car after school.

"I'm waiting for Jace, I don't know if he needs a ride."

"There he is," Cal said and pointed over towards the school. There stood the blonde girl that Cal and I saw Jace locking lips with a few days before, and she was fuming at him. Jace stood there, with a straight face, as she screamed at him. Then when she was done, she stormed off.

After a few seconds, Jace saw our car and walked over and got in the back seat since Cal was already in the front. When he got in he let out a sigh. "What was that about?" Cal asked.

"I was trying to nicely tell Vanessa that we are not a couple and I do not think of her the same way that she thinks of me."

"Wow she didn't take it very well," Cal said sounding surprised.

"No kidding," Jace said and put his head in his hands.

"Hey, lets pick up Hal and after her soccer practice we can all go get ice cream," I suggested.

Jace laughed sarcastically, "I hate to break it to you Lex, but I'm on a strict diet, and sadly ice cream isn't a part of it."

"Sorry Jace, you're going to have to make an exception today," I commanded

"But..."Jace started

"No buts," I said sternly, "we are getting ice cream if you like it or not!"

We picked up Hal and took her to her practice. Hal's coach invited Jace to help her coach on the sidelines, she was a college student with wavy brown hair. Since Jace was coaching, Cal and I sat up on the bleachers and I helped him with his homework.

As I was sitting on the bleachers, I noticed the coach was looking at Jace too much for my taste... and it bothered me. Seriously, she was supposed to be coaching the kids.

After an hour, the practice was finally over, so everyone got in the car and we went to Baskin Robbins. We all ordered, and to my surprise Jace got two scoops in a waffle cone. "What happened to that diet?" I teased him.

"Hahaha, very funny," he mocked.

Cal saw one of his friends inside the ice cream shop, so Jace Hal and I went outside and sat on a bench to eat our ice cream. Hal sat on Jace's lap and I sat next to them. "So how was coaching Hal's team?" I asked, "The coach seems really... Nice."