Chapter 14

I turn around to face him seriously being ready to tell him we should end this.
"I can't let you go thinking something that is not true." He says and i sigh.
"Really it doesn't matter." I say and he shakes his head.
"It matters. You know I can't lie to you. I mean everything i say, literally everything. But I can't go back until i know you're ok." He says and i sigh.
"I'm ok." I say starting to mean it. He never actually lied to me, that one feature i love about him.
"You're not."
"I'm not sure what to say to you." I say being so confused about everything that's happening. Never in a million years had I thought I'm going to have this conversation with him.
"You're married Ashton, I'm half your age, honestly what do you expect me to say to you?" I ask and he sighs.
"For one second just talk to me like age wouldn't matter or like Miriam didn't exist. Let's just imagine that." He suggests and i furrow my brows.

"But we can't now, can we? We both knew what we've gotten ourselves into. It's not like this will last forever. So believe me when i say that I'm ok. I'm ok with this, I'm just not ok with you showing up places i tell you I'm at with my friends. I'm not ok seeing you with other women, that's what you want to hear? But it doesn't matter what i say now does it? You're not gonna end up with any of them. You're married and for fuck sake Ashton, I can't imagine that none sense. Because if it was true, we were having a different conversation." I turn around afraid of what he's about to say. I don't want to hear anything anymore.

He grabs my hand and turns me around.
"For one second can you please just stay here and let me understand what am I supposed to do next?"
"Nothing Ashton. You're supposed to do nothing." I raise my hands angry and leave.
"You're acting like a child now." He notices and i start laughing.

I actually go to Hayden's not knowing what to do and as soon as she sees me she knows something is wrong.
"I fucked up Hayd." I say as I'm in her room.
"What happened?" She says and i explain everything to her.
"And the worst thing is I actually don't want to stop seeing him and now i think he realized this whole thing was a mistake."
"I really think he actually just came to the club to see you. Think about it. You got under his skin too. You kissing Michael makes sense making him jealous. I don't think he actually wants to stop seeing you either. Tomorrow we have classes at the hospital too. I say you go and talk to him tomorrow."
"And what should i tell him?"
"I'm sure he wants to talk to you too." She says and i sigh.

****
The fact that two weeks have passed and our last conversation was a fight makes me think there's actually no chance of anything happening between the two of us soon.
It could've not been our last conversation, but for some reason I decided not to reply to his texts. He texted me that night that he's sorry and a week later he said he wanted to talk to me,  but all i did was avoid him.
I didn't see him at the hospital, dad said he took a week off, and last week when he and Miriam came to our place I actually left before they arrived because I didn't know if i wanted to see him in front of my parents, especially when i knew he wanted to talk to me. The first semester is over and right now I'm about to start my second semester and i have a weird feeling in my stomach walking passed his office.

I take a seat near Hayden taking out my book and we're waiting for the anatomy professor to show up.
My heart stops as i see Ashton walking in the room.
"Morning. I'm Dr Irwin. I'm not sure if you were informed but due to some problems I'm gonna fill in for Dr Waller for an undetermined period of time." He speaks and Hayden jolts my arm as if I didn't already see him.
His eyes lay on me and he gives me a weak smile.
I can't follow a single thing he says and by the looks of it, none of the girls in the room are.
I'm not even dressed for seeing him. Shit. He ruined all my plans.
I hear girls laugh flirtatious at every little joke he makes and i just roll my eyes at their reaction.
The class is finished and i see a girl run up to his desk asking him some shit and i look at Hayden and she knows what I'm thinking. We both leave and i feel my phone ringing.
"Yes dad?"