Chapter 23

It is a feeling of shame and relief combined as I'm walking home. I am ashamed of how I left things with my parents, but relieved I finally got the secrets out of my chest.
"And the wayward daughter returns." I see my dad sipping on his scotch in his armchair.
"Hey dad." I let my bag fall on the couch and take a sit closer to my dad.
"Hey dad." He mocks me whispering and I sigh not really knowing how to respond.
"Okay..." I whisper under my breath and stand up. I don't know why he is acting like a child right now.
"I cannot understand what you are doing, and thinking that what you're doing is right and excusable is what I dislike the most out of this situation." My dad speak and I turn around to face him.
"I never said it was right. I said it felt right. And I get that you need some time to accommodate to this, but out of all the people, I thought you would understand best." I say and he tilts his head looking at me confused.
"Why?" He asks and I take a deep breath.
"Because you loved me the most and I thought you would want me to be happy." I say and he gives me a weak smile.
"I still do that. I love you and I want you to be happy, but that doesn't mean I cannot hate what you are doing." He looks me straight in the eyes and for the first time I feel the disappointment in his gestures.

"That still doesn't give you the right to tell me what to do." I say and he shakes his head.
"No, but it's against University policy to date one of your professors." He says harshly and I gasp.
"You wouldn't do that. They will expel me and fire him, he will lose his license to teach and I will have to start everything again from scratch probably in Europe because no school will take me." I say and he nods.
"That is right, so you did do your homework." He smiles and i feel some kind of anger building up like never before.
"What?" I ask him confused and filled with rage.
"I have to report it, Y/n." He speaks showing no emotion whatsoever and I feel my every cell vibrating and my brain having a blue screen.
"You don't have to do shit. What the fuck is your problem dad?" I feel anger traveling my whole system.
"Mind your words." He looks at me serious and I can't breathe. I know it's the first time I spoke like that to him and I hate myself for doing so.
"I'm sorry, but you cannot do that. My whole life is here." I feel weak now like all that anger collapsed turning into tears that are ready to leave my body as soon as possible.

"I suggest you end the thing with Ashton as soon as possible." He says showing no emotion and I feel a lump in my throat. He can't do this to me.

"You would not do this." I whisper and at this point he doesn't even look at me. I roll my eyes and go to my room and dial Ashton's number.

"Hey, can I come and stay at your place for a few days?" I ask and he sighs.

"Yes, of course. Do you want me to come and pick you up?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, I think I will take a cab. See you soon." I say and throw a few clothes in my bag. Why does it feel so wrong? Is it wrong of me to go and sleep at his place after my father just threatened me ?

I hear mom coming home and I go downstairs with my bag to see her smile. I know she could accept me and Ashton as we are in time, but I also know that as long as dad doesn't accept it, she will support him.

"Hey Y/n, how are you?" She asks and I sigh.

"Why don't you ask dad?" I say and go for the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks me placing her bag on the couch.

"Out." I say opening the door. I don't exactly feel at home in this house anymore. Seeing dad all mad and mom not knowing how to act when she is around the both of us, sucks.

I get to Ashton's and tell him everything my dad told me and he places his arms around me pulling me into his chest. I love the way he smells and the way his heart sounds softly beating in my ear, calming me down with its steady beats.