Chapter 2

Lannie's POV

After 2 months,

 Jerry divorced me and he gets the house. I lived in my mom's house in New Orleans. 

  Until now I'm still wondering what Jerry told me when were in the hospital. Why did I do in our marriage? I'll not just sit here and do nothing. I need to find him and talk to him.  I open my laptop and googled his name. My jaw dropped when the read the subhead. 

 JERRY MILLERS  REUNITES WITH HIS LONG LOST FATHER JIM MILLERS

I read the article. 

6 years ago, Jim was abducted by anonymous The suspect has escaped from the jail on April 25, 2017.  Jim Millers was the CEO of Fordo Company and it was shut down since he is disappeared. And, now the Fordo Company rise and run by his son, Jerry Millers. The police are still looking for the suspect. 

 Holy cow! My ex-husband is now fucking rich? So, this is the reason he divorced me because of the damn company? No, there's a specific reason behind our divorce. Jerry is not money hungry since we're lovers though. He's acting strange since the company he worked is dead. I was baffled of his behaviors. 

I googled the Fordo Company address. It was located in New York City.  I'll visit him next week. I need to talk to him. 

***

I went to the Bakery of my mom and helped her. My parents own a Bakery since they got married. When dad died, mom made a promise she will not stop running the bakery. Mom wished our bakery to be famous. Mom and dad bake the bread. They have their own secret ingredients that's why we got many regular customers.

 I was working the bakery after the Vital Company shut down. Mr. Clark doesn't have enough money to pay the loans. He didn't give my salary.  I didn't see him anymore. Nicole and I lost contact either.

"Lanie, why are you here? You should take a rest" Mom asked when I entered the bakery. 

"Mom, I can't let you work here alone.  Aunt Rose is absent today" I replied. 

Aunt Rose is the cousin of my mom. She worked as a cashier since my dad died when I was 18. 

" Guess, what mom. Jerry is now a CEO. " 

"That rascal I can't forgive him what he did to you" She said while putting the 2 bagels on the plates, and gave it to me. Then, I served it to the older couples, Mr&Mrs. Miles drinking their coffee near the window. They are our regular customers.

"Lanie, I've heard the douchebag is now a CEO" Mr. Miles said.

"Who cares, hubby? Lani will be rich someday, right dear?' Ms. Miles turned around to me.

"I'm not dreaming of being a billionaire. Being rich is dangerous. I rather lived in an average situation. Not too poor and not too rich. Normal. "

"Lani is simple and goal digger like her mom" 

"I heard that!" Mom shouted. 

"My dream is to work in the prestigious company as their Project Manager in the events. I want to own a coffee shop and Bakery and traveled the world with my son and mom" I said with a smile. 

"How about marrying someone?'

"I don't know Mr. Miles"

"Don't remarry the douchebag, Lanie, If you did I will punch his face!" Ms. Miles said.

After 30 minutes, many customers buy our bread then Mr. and Mrs. Miles left. I cleaned their table and I saw a paper from them. 

You're going to be a star soon, Lanie - Mr&Mrs. Miles :)