Chapter 12

" Ma'am, mission accomplished " The semi-truck driver said. 

" Thank you, I'll be sending someone to give your rewards " Lucy hang up.

" Life is short if you can't keep the secret" She said looking herself in the mirror.

Lucy ordered someone to kill The Miles family in order, Ms. Miles not to tell the truth to Lanie. She found out Ms. Miles was eavesdropping while she is talking on the phone with Ted inside the kitchen in the bakery.  Ms. Miles heard her shouting madly over the phone, and she can't believe what she heard about Lanie that made her very mad about Lucy.  

Lucy told her to keep the secret but she didn't. On that day, Lucy started threatening her. But Ms. Miles still disobey her, that's why Lucy wanted to kill her.  She nearly died when Lucy hit her by the car on the road. Ms. Miles demand her daughter, Sandy to put her and her husband in the Elders Village and not to accept visitors so that Lucy won't kill her. She tells the truth to Sandy about Lanie.

Since The Miles family died, Lucy is able to breathe well. 

***

As Lanie get out from the Morge, she was surprised that she saw Ric sit on the bench in the waiting area.

" Ric"

" Lanie" He turned his head to face her and stood up then pulled me to hug her and she hugged him back.

" How did you know I'm here?" she pulled out.

"You know the answer" 

"Watchers?"

"Yes"

" Why are you here, anyway?"

"I got panicked when I heard the car accident at the Elders Village. I thought it was you. I'm relieved when I see you now. And why are you here?"

"My friends died..." Her eyes are brimming with tears as I speak  " They didn't survive the accident" Tears roll down in her face. She can't stop crying.

He held her close and she continues crying on his shoulder. They are in the waiting room standing and hugging each other.

After minutes later, they went to the parking lot and he drove her to the house.

" Ric... " She is quite shy to tell.

"yes?"

" thank you for being with me" She turned her head to face him.

" Don't mention it. " He looked at me then turn his head to face the road.

" I'm confused...and scared " She looked out throughout the car window.

"What makes you confused?"

" Earlier...By the way, you know Ms. and Mrs, Miles?"

" No, why?"

" Ms. Miles told me before she died that my mom is not my real mom and she apologized..."

"You believe her? "

" Ms. Miles never lie to me. I know her but what she said earlier was unbelievable. Her daughter, Sandy was very mad at me... I asked her why and she said to ask my mom. It's really confusing. I went here for my son. I didn't expect this is to happen "  I leaned my head against the driver side window and sighed.  

" I don't want to live like this anymore. I have a son and I don't want him to get involved in my crazy life " I sighed.

" How old is your son? "

" One "

She saw Rose holding a mobile phone to her ear outside the bakery. She told him to stop at the bakery.