Chapter 10

My heart is pounding and my hands began to shake. I immediately close my mouth and quickly crawled under the table and reached for the notebook. Then,  I quickly crawled back out from under the table and I accidentally hit my head against the edge of the table. 

"Ugh!" I groaned and I put my hand on the top of my head in the part where it hits.  And I continue crawled back and I sat on the floor. 

"Lanie, are you alright?" The panicked Kristine squat beside me.

"I need a couch to lay down for a bit... it's slightly painful... "

"You need to go to Clinic!" 

"I'm okay...it's not very painful as you think. Stay calm"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Wait here, I call someone to carry you"

"LOL. I can walk. Trust me"

"Okay, I will assist you heading to our office"

"Thanks"

Kristine helped me out to stand and walk heading to the office. When we arrived at the office my members are surprised and got panicked when Kristine told them.  They are asking the same questions and it's so noisy.  I keep on telling them that I'm fine but they don't believe me.

"Lanie, are you alright?"

"Lanie, are you sure?"

" Lanie, you need a checkup?

"Lanie, you want to see a doctor?"

   I can't take it anymore. They are making my headache worse.   

"WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS" I growled at them. I exhaled loudly. 

They shut their mouths and stared at me.

"Lanie..." Kristine asked me worriedly. 

Then, my vision went black.

***

I was awakened by the alert of the fever temperature digital. I heard the doctor man talking with Richard outside. I was in the clinic and my bed is covered with a white curtain.

"She doesn't have a fever. Her temperature is normal" The doctor says.

"Ok, doc. Thanks. I'll call if something happens to her" 

I heard the door close.  Richard gets inside.

"Oh, you awake. How are you feeling right now?"

"Very well" I said honestly.

"Really?" 

"I mean it. Can I work now?"

"You need rest"

"Ric, I have a client and you know what event organizer do" I sat up.

" I already give orders to your team "

"What?! Hey! I'm their head, not you! I just passed out and it's not really bad as you think"

"I'm just concerned. Kristine told me earlier that you have a meeting with your client. And you were shocked when she mentioned Jerry Millers. I am interested to know why you were shocked earlier?" 

Think Lanie. No one should know Jerry is your ex.

"Actually, I can't believe it that my client is the girlfriend of the billionaire, Jerry Millers. This is my first time to have a client like her and that's why"