Chapter 24

I arrived at the airport in London. I took a cab and tell the driver the address of my dad's apartment. As I arrived, I was stunned at my dad's apartment.  I wasn't expecting the apartment is big.  It is a jaw-dropping apartment. I wondered how many months does my dad uses this apartment.

 Inside the apartment is neat.  I know my dad is organized and a neat freak. The design is minimalist. I saw a picture frame of me with my dad in my elementary graduation at the desk. I was deeply touched he keep a picture of us. I get the picture frame and hug it.

I  segregate my things in the apartment. My phone rang while I'm busy organizing my things. I answered the call of face time from her dad. 

" did you like my apartment? " He asked.

" If I should know that your apartment is luxurious, I won't accept it" I teased 

" I saw  a picture frame of us " I added

" That's the only thing I have"

His tone of voice moved me. I'm emotional right now. I control myself not to cry.

" I'm happy you didn't forget me "

" Why would I forget you? 

" dad thank you for being a great father with me.  You always show the good side of men despite my bad experience with my ex-husband"

" Not all men are like him. You deserve better than him"

" I don't want anyone else, dad.  Since Charlie is born I'm satisfied"

" You can't say that! Who knows the right man will come! "

" I don't believe of that anymore. A right man will change into evil" I rolled my eyes.

"  Don't be harsh!  Open your heart, Lanie"

" dad that's enough, where's my mom and Charlie anyway?" I don't like talking about loveshit.

" Grocery shopping "

" Why you didn't go with them? "

" Your mom ordered me to take care of the restaurant for a while "

" Do you have plans to be together again with my mom?"

" I don't know, I'm not ready yet "

" Just don't let her expectations high to be with you again. I don't want you to hurt her emotionally "

" I'm your mom's companion"

***
In the afternoon I went to the bookstore to buy interesting books. I went first to the history section.  History is my favorite ever.  While I'm busy choosing the books I saw a familiar picture of an author on the back of the book. I realized it was Hunter. It was published in 2016. I didn't know he is a writer.

I heard someone clearing throat at my back.  I turned around and I saw Hunter smiling at me. 

" Hunter " I said

" it's good to see you again,  L" He said.

" You too! "

" What are you doing here? "

" Buying some books and you? "

" Just looking some books to read "

" Look what I found" I show him his book.

" what do you think of my study? " He asked

" I don't know I haven't started reading it. You know what, I'm not knowledgeable about history.  Sometimes I don't believe what's written in history"