Chapter 18

Jerry can't get in because the number of his gate is different from Lanie. They have a different flight going to London. Jerry is hoping to see her in London. He is doing his effort to find her.

Jerry called Amanda to tell her the good news that he saw Lanie today. He's so excited. Amanda answered the call while she's writing an email.

" Good news or bad news? " She said immediately before he can speak.

" Both, the good news is I saw Lanie in the airport today unexpectedly " He can't stop smiling when he says that. His soul is filled with joy.

" That's great!" She said happily.

" Do you think Lanie and I will meet each other this year? "

" Maybe, let's hope for that! Anyway, what's the bad news? "

" The bad news is we are not riding a plane together. She and I will go to London but different flight. What a bummer!"

" At least you saw her! Who knows you will meet her again in London. Just stay positive, Jerry"

" Thanks, Amanda!"

***

AIRPLANE

Lanie is replying the emails from the college students of Robert Morris University Illinois. Lanie was a guest speaker at University Illinois to tackle about Project Management in the class of Ms. Roberts who is the friend of Amanda Meyers. Amanda helped her to look for the guest speaker and she covered the travel and accommodation expenses.

While Lanie is busy replying the emails she was disturbed by her seatmate who is arguing non- stop over the phone. At first, she didn't react, she remains quiet but she's listening to the conversation. It's about travel spots somewhere in the Philippines. A Virgin island. The man with brown hair and blue eyes is trying to remember the name and he is having difficulty to pronounce the name. Lanie is familiar with the name of the virgin island in the Philippines. Thanks to Youtube.

" Siargao Island" Lanie said in a polite way while typing but deep inside she wants to yell at him. She can't take the noise anymore.

" Wait for a sec" He said over the phone and turned his head to face Lanie and asked again.

" Siargao Island" She said without looking at him.

" Yeah, that's it! Thank you" He said cheerfully and he said Siargao Island over his phone. Minutes later, he is finished talking with his friend. Finally!

He knew that Lanie is upset because the way she talks and she didn't even look at him. He is sorry.

" Hey... thank you for the help and I'm really sorry that I disturb you. I know you are upset with me" He said as he faced her. He is hoping she would face him. She is typing.

Lanie hesitant to face him and she said " you're welcome" then, she turned her head to face her laptop.

"Have we met before?" Her face is familiar to him. He thinks he met her somewhere.

" I don't think so" She said as she closed her laptop.

" I met you somewhere before...." He is trying to recall the past.

Lanie feels strange to him.

" I saw you at Yale University!" He remembered. " You organize the event there, isn't?"

She is starting to feel nervous now. He is right, but she is hesitant to say yes. She is curious why he was there? She is thinking what if he is a stalker. She didn't answer him. He noticed her physical reaction. She is avoiding eye contact that means she is nervous. She remembers Mr. Roa who told her that he saw her at Yale University too.