Chapter 6

I rocked Charlie gently in my arms to sleep while singing a lullaby. My baby smells fresh and good. When his eyes closed I put him in the crib carefully not to wake him up. Then, I turned off the lights and leave the room silently. I went to the kitchen to drink a water then, I saw Vic in the living room seating in the couch. It seems she has a problem.

"Vic are you not going to sleep?" I approached her.

"How can I sleep if I'm overthinking" She said without looking at me.

"What happened?" I sat beside her.

"I received a text from the secretary's CEO. I was assigned in LA tomorrow"

"Did you reply from his text?"

"Not yet. I don't know what to reply. I'm worried about Charlie and you. You have a work tomorrow and who's gonna watch with him? Then, what if your ex- husband found you then he will get Charlie here! And who's going to help you if I'm in LA?"

"Jerry will never do that. He told me she doesn't want me to see me again and he disowns Charlie"

"What if Jerry changes his mind!"

"That's not going to happen! Jerry and I are over!He will never get Charlie! Why did you think like that, Vic?"

"Actually, I was a reading an Ex-Wife on Wattpad and I thought about you and him! In the story, she was left by his husband because he thought she is cheating on him. When he found out the truth that she is not cheating. He searched her everywhere. When they meet again, he asked her forgiveness and a second chance. She gave him a second chance, then they remarried. "

"You're reading clique plots, Vic! What you've read that would never happen in my life. And I'm not a typical wife. That wife in that story is fucking weak" I hissed out. 

"Be careful what you said, L"

"Just give me your phone"

She handed me her phone to me and I took it then I checked her inbox looking for the message from the Secretary. Then I reply from his message.

This is such an honor to work in LA. LA is my dream. Thank you for choosing me! Thank you for this opportunity! I'll do my best in LA.

"What are you doing?" Vicky asked.

"Look" I let her show my message.

"What the hell are you doing, L!?" She said with a surprised looked then she get her phone on my hand.

"LA is your dream"

"You're not thinking what you doing!"

"Don't worry about me and Charlie. We will be fine, Vic. "

"But-"

"I can do it alone. Believe me"

"L!"

"Trust me, Vic. This is your dream to work in LA so don't throw it away just because you are worried about me and my son. I know you are dying to serve famous celebrities.  Who knows you'll be discovered in there then someone will offer you a job! What if you work in Europe! Isn't that amazing?" I tapped my hand on her shoulder, "Think about your plans, Vic"

 "Thank you for being a good friend to me" Vic hugged me.

"And thank you for being a good friend too"

"I'm going to miss you starting tonight"

"Me too"

***

Before Vicky go to LA. She told me to stay in her apartment. I insisted I would pay the rent starting today. Vicky didn't argue with me.

"See you soon, L" She said in tears. She's so emotional right now because we no longer living in the same apartment. "Raise Charlie well"