Chapter 3

2 years later

I put my sleeping baby back in the crib gently. He has been crying for almost one hour. Charlie is hard to put to sleep. I left the room silently not to cause him awake and closed the door behind it. I walked towards the living room and get the white envelope on the Wooden Divider Cabinet. 

"Is Charlie sleeping?" Mom asked as she arrived from the bakery.

"Yes" I said tiredly. I opened the envelope and read it. 

"What's that letter? Letter from Jerry?" Mom asked while I'm still reading it.

"Of course not! " I said.

It's from the Golden Shoe. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw my name. 

Ms. Reese you are earnestly requested to come to the HR Department if you are available

Is this real? The company is waiting for me?! This is unbelievable! Wait, the statement is informal for me because they stated 'if you are available'. 

"Mom, when did you get this letter?" I turned to her.

"On Summer" 

"WHHHAAAAT?" I put my hands on my cheeks. " Oh my god! The Golden Shoe has been waiting for months! Why you didn't remind me of the letter! " 

" I always remind you and you usually answered 'okay, just put it there'. Who would be thought it was a letter from the company inside the  white envelope!"

"Anyways, it was stated in the letter'Ms. Reese you are earnestly requested to come to the HR Department if you are available'. It's informal because of the phrase 'if you are available'. Why the secretary include that? "

"I find it odd. The company never waited for the new employees to come and they never send a letter to strangers! How did they get our address and your name? I think the letter is questionable"

"I think I'll come, who knows maybe this is my opportunity!" I'm trying to be positive

"Think twice, Lannie maybe the sender is scamming you" She walked out.

Next day, Mom went to the bakery to work while me still in the house as usual.  I looked myself in the round mirror in the bathroom and talk to myself. 

You think mom is right?

I don't know. She wants to protect you from scammers.

I will try what if they are not scammers
I'll talk to Vicky

I want a job now.
 I'm getting old and still unemployed, it's disgusting! 

I don't want to depend on my mom's money. 
I feel weak and worthless. 

I desperately want a job! Lord, help me.

Suddenly, Charlie whined from my room and I immediately went to the room.

"Mommy is coming! " I said in a singing way.

***

"Why are we still waiting for, Reese?" Ted asked her sister, Blake, when he entered the office. She standing watching out the glass window at the city. Blake is the CEO of the Golden Shoe.

"She will come. I know she will" Blake turned to him. 

"What if she's not the girl we are looking for" 

"I believe she is" Blake is hopeful. 

"Because they had the same name of your niece? "

"Because I have faith"