Chapter 30

Lanie talks with her parents to bail out Jerry today. Also, she explains it to them why they will set him free. Her parents told her to give them a couple of days to decide, Lanie agrees with them.

Meanwhile, Charlie and Hunter are at the backyard playing mini Olympics along with Richard and Nicole. Speaking of Nicole, she was not dead, she was faking it because of the Millers. When she heard the Millers are in prison that's the time she shows herself at  Lanie's residence and then she surprised Richard at his apartment.  

Lanie walk headed to the backyard, Hunter saw her coming and he shouted 

" Play with us, Lanie!"

She just smiled at him. To be honest, she is not in the mood to play because she's thinking about Jerry's life in jail. She is very worried about him, she has to wait for her parent's decision. It's bothering her.

" Stop being a killjoy, L!" Richard said.

" I'm not!" She said quickly and sharp

" Mom, you're a loser in the game coz you don't have a trophy yet" 

" I know, don't worry I'm gonna get all the trophies and I'm gonna be the champion"

" You can't beat me, mom!" He said firmly " I have 5 trophies"

"Are you going to play with us?" Nicole asked 

" Let me think first"

Hunter noticed something not good with her " Everyone first break!" He said while clapping her hands. 

" Come with us Charlie let's eat Chocolate cake with Nicole" Richard said at Charlie. 

Charlie didn't hesitate to go with Richard and Nicole. 

It's now Lanie and Hunter alone in the backyard

" I'm quite disappointed with your response, Lanie.  " Hunter asked worriedly.

" Why? I'm just being honest!" She reacted.

" Really, in front with your son? "

" What should I do?  Lie to him? "

" You should say nicer, a little positive. You have no idea that Charlie is not happy because he thinks you neglect him. Lanie, you never play with us since Thursday and now it's Saturday. I'm worried about him" 

" I'm worried about him too. I feel bad for not being with him ever since in the game! I know what I'm doing. Something is bothering me, Hunter! I can't sleep well! " She yelled

" You are now an adult, Lanie. You're a mother and you know what should you do. You must know how to control yourself coz you're neglecting Charlie"

" You think I'm not a responsible mother?! You think I am a bad mother?"  She raised her voice.

" No! "

" Yes, you are! You made feel that I'm a bad mother! You made me feel I'm a villain!" She walked out and run quickly headed back inside the house leaving him bewildered. 

" What happened, man?" Richard approached him. 

" She overreacted"He said watching her heading back inside the house.

Richard sighs and said " that's her, it's normal"

 " She said something is bothering her"

" She never told me or Nicky. You better approach her now, don't worry about Charlie. Just talk with her"

Hunter goes inside the house and goes to Lanie's room. He knocked the door but Lanie ignored him. He noticed the door is not locked so he entered the room and close the door. He saw her sitting on the floor hugging her knees.