Chapter 28

Jerry spent his night drinking whiskey to get drunk. He is hopeless and miserable.  He ignores his phone ringing. He doesn't want to talk to anyone.  His life is now ruined. He just found out the secret about his family that Lanie is referring about. He just knew that his real dad is dead. The news is spreading everywhere. The worst it includes his past relationship with Lanie.  It shows that he is the villain. He is afraid to go out because he thinks the people might throw him rocks or anything that hits him. His reputation is destroyed. Come on, Jerry! Are you still a chicken? His subconscious said.

Amanda arrived at Jerry's house panting. She is searching for him everywhere since Jerry is not answering her phone calls.  When she saw his back at the balcony she felt relieved.

" I've been searching you, I thought I can't find you anymore" She hugs his back tightly. She is so worried about him. 

Her touch made him back to reality.

" Whatever are you planning please don't cut yourself " She said.

" You must leave now, don't worry about me. I can do this alone " He said firmly, trying to build confidence in order for her to believe that he is strong to live but deep inside he is dead.  He wants to die tonight.

" Jerry, I'm here for you" She raised her voice as she turned him around to face her, cupping his cheeks to look at his eyes. 

Amanda looked at his eyes and she saw mix emotions, his eyes are filled with agony, sadness. It's all blue. 

" You should go now, Amanda. Don't worry about me anymore"He said it again. 

" I'm not leaving you, Jerry.  You are my best friend!"

" But I'm a monster "

She slapped him to bring him back into senses " Stop thinking like that! You're not!  You are different from your family!  People see you like that, people believe what they saw on the internet or news, but me I know you. You are not a monster! You are not cruel!  If Lanie made you think like that, ignore her! Move on! She's making you sick!  You know that she's holding a grudge for you!  A person who loathes someone can't see the good inside in others! I see the goodness in you" She yelled at him. She is sick of it! He is self- loathing, and self-belittling himself as always. She wants him to stop it. 

" Why are you doing this to me,  I don't deserve this.  Look at my past, look what I've done! "

" I know that!  The thing is that you are innocent!  You didn't do wrong! If I were Lanie I will give you chance"

Jerry move of her response. He is not surprised coz she is like that, giving light to others.  He realized  Amanda is a soft person than Lanie. One of the things he likes the most from her is understanding.

" Amanda leave , I don't want you to be involved of my shit "

" I'm already involved of your shit"

" How come?"

"  I defended you from the bashers. I post it on social media"

" But why!? " He growled at her.  He is disappointed in her. He withdrew her hands from his cheeks. 

" I don't want to see you in the prison.  You don't deserve it!  "

" You know that it will ruin your parents! It's getting worse, Amanda!  I told you to leave me alone! "

" I'm already aware of that and I don't care! "

" Amanda why "

" because I fucking love you!  I secretly love you,  Jerry! " She cried out.  She's been secretly loving him for years. She do everything for him in order for him to be happy. She endures the pain when he talks about Lanie and the worst ignoring her.  Nevertheless, she will fight for him.

Jerry stood there like a statue doesn't know what to say. His mind is not working. He can't think of something.

" You don't have to say something " She said. She knew he will be shocked, she will give him time to think about it. If he can't love her back that's the time she will let him go. 

A siren of police cars arrived in the place. 

Amanda pulled his hand and drag him back inside the house. " We need to hide "

" Amanda this is not right " He stops walking.

Amanda turned around to face him

"If you hide me it will get worse.  I stay, you go " He said in whispered. 

They heard the cops broke in the house,  Amanda is now panic except for Jerry. He decided to be arrested.  She freaked out and she pulling his wrist but he stood like a statue. They heard footsteps in the hallway.

" Are you crazy? " She yelled in whispered.

" Don't worry about me, just hide"

" Promise me that you will not cut yourself there.  I'll be back for you " She is hesitant to let him go and she hurried to walk to the secret wall and get inside. The secret wall leads to Jerry's room. 

She heard the cops speaking with a loud voice towards Jerry. She never heard Jerry speaking.  She assumes he stayed quiet and surrender. She heard a cop asking where is Amanda. She knew her parents will look for her and blame him for abduction since they found out the Millers are bad. Jerry lied to them in order for him to protect her.

The cops are not satisfied with his answer. They search for her in the house. She knows where to hide. She went to secret ceiling at his room and hide.  This is the area that cops can't be found ever.  The secret ceiling looks like ordinary ceiling. It was perfectly made by them.  This ceiling leads to the cozy secret attic.

She heard the footsteps in his room looking for her.  She heard one of the cops says cleared and they left the room. 

She peeks out in the window and she saw the cops with Jerry. Looking the hopeless innocent man breaks her heart. She has to save him but first of all, she needs to know who the hell is Elle on twitter. She must stop her on bashing Jerry. She assumed Elle is Lanie.  There's no other woman who hates him so much.

She called her private investigator to research Elle.

***
Next day,

Lanie gets inside the cab, she received an email from his dad regarding the tweet post about Jerry's past relationship. The subject from his dad " WHO THE HELL IS ELLE?"She knows who is Elle.

Suddenly a car smashes the taxi at the side where Lanie sit. It's a big impact, the taxi hit the glass window of the store. People are thunderstruck what they just saw. Some people are approaching the taxi and some are calling for an ambulance.

The driver and Lanie are unconscious.

Happy 2019!! 

PS: This story will end soon