Chapter 17

5 months later

"Lucy, you have a visitor" The Correctional officer open the cell.

Lucy got out of the bed with a stunned. She is not expecting visitors. Lanie didn't visit her since she put her in the jail. Lucy is expecting Lanie is her visitor today. She miss her so much. She's put a smile on her face expecting the visitor is Lanie.  She's excited to see her today.

As she arrived at the visiting room. She saw a man in a black suit and a hat lowering his head holding the phone to his ear. She is a stranger to him. She turned to face the correctional officer with a confused look. 

"Guard, who's that?" She asked cluelessly.

" Your friend"

" My friend?" She gave him a confused look.

" Just talk to him, okay?" He said with an exasperated sigh then close the door

She nervously seats in the chair and held the phone to her ear.

"Who are you?"

Steve removed his hat. He looked up at Lucy with a malicious grin. Those brown eyes are familiar to her. She's starting to think of Roger his ex-husband. No, it can't be! She could feel her heart in her throat as she stared at his eyes.

" Roger?" She said nervously.

"Hello, my ex-wife" Roger smirked at her.

" How did you...survive?" She trailed off nervously as she speaks.

She thought he is already dead in the building was on fire 3 years ago. It was Ted and her plan to kill him in order not to reveal the secrets to the Blake family. Lucy cheated on him. She divorced him because of Ted. Lanie doesn't know Lucy is divorce.

" An angel from above help me to survive" He smirked at her.

Of course, he would not tell her. If he gonna tell her, she will tell Ted. Then, Ted will threaten him again.

Steve survived the accident through by the help of his long-lost grandfather, Liam Bates who owns the BTS or  Bates Telecommunication Service Company.  Steve had a plastic surgery to change his face. Before he passed away, he gave his inheritance to Steve and he became the CEO of BTS. 

Steve Roger is his real name. Liam told him. 

She scrutinized his face. He looked totally different.  Lucy can't recognize his face but she can recognize his eyes though. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Just want to say ' hi' to you" He chuckles. " So, what does it feel to be in prison?"

" If you have nothing good to say I'll go now" She frowned at him.

"Actually, I have, I'll be meeting the Blake soon. So, pray for my success"

" You can't! Ted will stop you!" She barked at him.

" Oh, really? Let's see if he can stop me" He said sarcastically. 

" Don't do it!  " She pleaded. 

" You and Ted accused me of abducting Kevin Millers! Have you ever show mercy to me? No! You want me to die!" He shouted over the phone. He is hurt when he said that. The most painful in his life ever done by his loving wife.

" I treated you like my queen but you betrayed me!"

Lucy didn't respond. She is crying. She now regretted betraying him and Lanie. She feels guilt over something she did in the past.