Chapter 20

Claudia and Ric went first to the restaurant of Steves while Lanie is still working on her upcoming major event in London. A fashion show. After her work, she immediately went to the restaurant of Steve. Lanie didn't know her dad has a restaurant. She's curious how did her dad owns a restaurant and a company. 

Jerry saw Lanie walking on the sidewalk and she ran quickly towards her. He will not miss this chance.

"Lanie!" He shouted

She heard someone calling her name. It's familiar to her. She knows that voice. She can't believe it he is here. How did he recognize him? She thought Jerry can't recognize her because of her natural blonde hair with one yellow strand. She walk quickly to avoid him. She saw a cab and hailed but the cab didn't stop. She continue walking. Jerry shouted her name again. She can feel he is almost close to him. She started to feel nervous now. She need to do something to escape from him. She saw a pedestrian lane where people are waiting to cross the street in the right way. She ran towards there and hoping she will not be caught by him.

Jerry saw her running towards the crowded area. He chase her. As he get there the walking man sign is on and people started walking. It harder for him to find her now. He crossed the street quickly so that he can watch the people crossing in order for him to determine Lanie easily. But he didn't saw her . He sigh and started walking in low spirit.

Lanie saw him walking. She didn't cross the pedestrian lane. She hide behind the tree.

"Boo!" Hunter startled her behind her back.

She shouted in fear. She turned around to Hunter. She didn't expect it was him. She felt relieved knowing it was Hunter if it was Jerry she will kick his balls and run away.

" You!" She said in a shocking tone of voice.

" Surprise! Why are you hiding behind the tree?"

"Nothing" She said as she looked away.

Her phone is vibrating and she pick it up.

"Lanie where are you now? " Ric said.

" I'm on my way" She hang up and put her phone back inside the bag.

"Hunter, I have to go now" She turned around to face him.

"Are you avoiding me? "

" No, I have to go now. It's important "

" Liar"

"I'm not avoiding you" She meant it.

" If we meet again can I buy you a coffee? "

" Sure " She is not hesitant to talk to him.

" See you then "

They are staring each other and smiling. Lanie turn around and walk towards the restaurant.

***
Lanie arrived in the restaurant. She wasn't expecting the only people in the restaurant is her family except Ted. She is the only person waiting. She walked towards the table.

" Mom! " Charlie squeal with joy when he saw her. He leave his chair and run towards her to give her hug.

She pick him up and kiss his cheek

" Mom, I ate vegetables "

" Wow! I'm so proud of you" He kissed his cheek again and put him down on his seat.

" Something trouble happen? " His father asks as she kissed his cheek.

" I will tell you later " She said whisperly so that Charlie can't hear him.